Granite Granite 4x4 Replacement Rear Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stack15

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
  3. Mojave
  4. Talion
  5. Voltage
  6. 4x4-Mega
So one of my new grainte 4x4s came with a rear shock that is leaking oil. I called Arrma and they said they’d send parts for a replacement. Those haven’t come yet and I am getting a little impatient. I was going to order an assembled kit myself but can’t find one.

The closest is a kit for the voltage. Does anyone know if these will fit the rear of the 4x4?

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGUFZ&P=7

I read through the upgraded shocks thread and admittedly it was over my head. I am looking for something that will fit and doesn’t require me filling with oil/grease and having to assemble. I don’t feel like I am at that level yet. Thank you.

According to the tech notes, they should. However, they are on backorder.

I am concerned that the tech specs ar referencing the granite voltage and not the granite mega 4x4.

From what I understand, the Voltage shocks are a step down from the 4x4 shocks.

For the 4x4 shocks, if they are leaking, my first step before dropping any $$ would be to tear them down. Pull the o-ring pack on the bottom of the shocks, and make sure it was assembled correctly. Add some good grease to the O-rings (I hear the Team Associated green grease is great for stopping shock leaks). Reassemble carefully, refill with oil, and you should be good to go.

Also, if all else fails, I hear the Typhon shock fit. That would be a good upgrade. The e-bay kit breakers normally have them for about $40 for set of 4.

Thank you. I got a little crazy when I couldn’t sleep and ordered a set of O-Rings and some team associated grease or oil or silicon compound. I am really not sure what that stuff is.

I also watched the arrma shock video.

I will look into the Typhoon Shocks. These forums make me worry I am going to break something. However that’s probably part of the fun.

Thank you.

No Typhon Shock Sets available on eBay.

I guess the good news is that the front ones seem to be the broken ones most often and replacements are available on eBay via China.

I am thinking I can fix my rear one.

No Typhon Shock Sets available on eBay.

I guess the good news is that the front ones seem to be the broken ones most often and replacements are available on eBay via China.

I am thinking I can fix my rear one.

If you're okay with trying to fill, you can give these a shot:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283009673631

Contact the seller of the auction. He ships fast from NY. @E36Mtek pointed me to them, and I have them, but I haven't installed them yet. They are beefy AF as far as I can tell. He says you just fill and install.

Your front ones are likely to break, so you would be well off getting a full set of shocks ready for replacement to minimize downtime in the future. I've replaced 3 front shock perches so I have a couple of rear perches if you wanted them (perches come in a set 1 front, 1 rear).

Thank you. I sent the seller a message. He seems to have nice looking shocks for all things Traxxas. Hopefully one of those sets matches what the granite 4x4 would need.

I think my problem is simply a leaky o-ring. It came like that out of the box. There was an oil mark inside the box and leaked fluids all over one of the rear shocks. I should probably fix that before t becomes a legit issue.

Thank you. I sent the seller a message. He seems to have nice looking shocks for all things Traxxas. Hopefully one of those sets matches what the granite 4x4 would need.
If you are interested in those shocks, you just message the seller for 110 mm and 123 mm shocks, and he creates a listing for you and sends the link.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back