Granite Granite 4x4 shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangman66$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
Hello hobbiest I know their is a lot of threads to this issue but I came across some hot racing shocks that would work. I know people are using hsps and typhoon shocks just I don’t want to spend a $100 on shocks. Thank u

What all need to be done to make them work

What all need to be done to make them work
I added a spare pivot ball to the top holes. Other people have used nitro fuel hose. Either way, the top shock hole is too large and you need to put something in there to reduce the size. That is the only modification needed.

I own a 4s kraton and the stock shocks are so goood the dampening is really nice and my car never bottoms out even making it fall one metter high running 700cst tho. Idk its just me but i was with traxxas ultra shock before

So don't need anything else? Use those springs and everything? Use stock mounting locations?
Yes, you just need the shocks you listed. those shocks are going to sell quickly.

I purchased the ebay typhon shocks.
When I install should I put them in the stock location?

Well if all I am missing out on is aluminum caps I can deal with that since they direct bolt no mod. I'm sure eventually someone will make some caps or I can find some on ebay for cheap.

Any other mods to make the Granite even more awesome? It arrives tuesday.

I purchased the ebay typhon shocks.
When I install should I put them in the stock location?

Well if all I am missing out on is aluminum caps I can deal with that since they direct bolt no mod. I'm sure eventually someone will make some caps or I can find some on ebay for cheap.

Any other mods to make the Granite even more awesome? It arrives tuesday.
I would say to get a set of sealed bearings from fast eddy. Other than that just have fun with it and replace the stuff that breaks,which hasn’t been much for me thank goodness. Oh,maybe an ads15 servo from jenny’s. The stock servo didn’t last but a few months for me. Enjoy it.

Get a better servo. If you are getting the red/blue version, get a better radio. If you’re going to be running in grass, get a motor fan. If you’re going to be hard bashing, grab some a-arms, c-hubs, and steering blocks. Make sure to check your slipper setting from the factory. You want just a slight amount of slip when you go full throttle on 3S. This will prevent driveshaft u-joints from popping.

The STX2 has terrible lag, loses reverse, and has range issues. By comparison, the Tactic RTR radio was a godsend.

What a pain. Thats one thing I could rely on was a proper functioning transmitter with Traxxas. lol.

Everyone knows the STX2 is a slap in the face. I have several Traxxas AM radios from the early 2000s on my nitros, never once had a runaway, input lag, reverse problems, or range issues. How that radio (STX2) ended up in all my Arrma rigs still pisses me off!

The Typhon 6s front shocks have an upper mounting hole that is .278 diameter. In order to mount them on the Granite 4x4 3S BLX you have to find something that is that outside diameter and has inner diameter of 3mm (.120).
20190823_111138.jpg

The diameter of nitro fuel line. Perfect. I doubted at first, then I tried it, firm believer now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back