Granite granite 4x4 steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi guys, i picked up one of these little fellas, i didn't have a great start, some gentle jumps snapped a front arm so i ordered rpm to install, the steering is very poor, not precise, wobbly and poor to center. Going to put bearings in the bell cranks and a 25kg servo and maybe a bec.

Is the steering just crap on these or do you think i aiming in the right direction?

If its anything like my Kraton 6s then adding bearings, some strategic shimming, and a stronger servo along with an aluminum mount totally changed how it handled.

Hi guys, i picked up one of these little fellas, i didn't have a great start, some gentle jumps snapped a front arm so i ordered rpm to install, the steering is very poor, not precise, wobbly and poor to center. Going to put bearings in the bell cranks and a 25kg servo and maybe a bec.

Is the steering just crap on these or do you think i aiming in the right direction?
The HR steering bellcrank helps a lot. So does the aluminum pivot balls.

Servo
HR bellcrank
HR hubs
HR steering blocks
FastEddy sealed bearings

Thanks for the help so far guys, tonight i installed a 12kg servo and bearings in the bell cranks, it's better but still doesn't snap back to center point if you know what i mean, it's all smooth with no binding so perhaps this is as good as it gets.

All my other cars seen to snap back to center when the wheel is released, it does center but just feels wandery.

Perhaps a faster s

Does anyone know what i mean?

Thanks for the help so far guys, tonight i installed a 12kg servo and bearings in the bell cranks, it's better but still doesn't snap back to center point if you know what i mean, it's all smooth with no binding so perhaps this is as good as it gets.

All my other cars seen to snap back to center when the wheel is released, it does center but just feels wandery.

Perhaps a faster s

Does anyone know what i mean?
I know exactly what you mean. For me, swapping all the parts in the steering to HR with bearings and making sure the pivot balls weren’t too tight made all the difference. I also have the servo from the 6S line (ADS-15). I originally had my spacers installed incorrectly in the HR C hubs, which caused binding. Got it all dialed in now, then lost one side of screw/washer/spacer in the HR bellcrank, so I’m back to stock bellcrank until I can find new hardware. Make sure to use blue loctite in all screws into metal in the steering. Don’t assume the factory did. Take them out and put some blue loctite in there.

Well after some more tinkering she's getting better. I popped a 20 kg faster servo in there and some some rpm arms. I noticed that if you crank up the servo saver screw you can force the servo saver to bind tighter increasing the torque. It's still working but needs more force. I also shifted the expo on my handset and i am now write happy with it..

A wing would be good now, anyone know of one that fits

On my Granite, I added the bellcrank bearing, BLX links (mine is a Mega) and then checked EVERY ball end to make it move free. Also, I added a washer under each screw to raise the servo, as the Servo saver wa as dragging the plate under the servo.

After this half hour of work, my Granite steering is 1000% better. Very little slop, and it centers great!

For those looking for answers my little upgrades seem to have cured my woes, my steering is snappy and precise like my other cars, the upgrades were simply a fast 25kg servo and Bell crank bearings and a little tightening of the servo saver. I had a good 20 minute session earlier today and i couldn't be happier with it. ?

Just purchased a Granite BLX a few weeks back was wondering if something was wrong/missing with exactly the same concern. Now I have the answer!! Thanks for sharing guy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back