Granite Granite 4x4 upgrade for rear diff gear's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowthumper427

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Nero
  4. Voltage
  5. 4x4-Mega
Installed castle's sidewinder4 3800 kv esc, motor first time trying on 3S rung off rear differential input shaft if anybody knows of any upgrade parts to keep this from happening please let me know thank you. Be Blessed and Blast On.

Arrma does have a metal HD input shaft listed at Tower and Amain, but delivery keeps getting bumped, it has never been in stock.

While we wait, you can make your own. Quick and cheap. There are a few threads here, and I made a video. All you need is your broken input, a spare wheel axle (from a mega 4x4) and a 2mm or 2.5mm crosspin.

or stop running 3s
I was running 3s and 4s, after the HD input mod and Yeti 32p spur. I dropped to a small 2s motor mostly because I was destroying tires too fast... LOL

But now I am getting bored with my 3000kv F540 motor. Better than stock, but I am wanting some POWER again. :)

I didn't get a chance to jump it on 3s. I did try some tree jumps / flips (drive up the side of a big tree and make it flip). Funny, it would do tree flips on stock power, but not on 3s/4s. I think the BLX185 was accelerating the wheels too fast, wheel acceleration is what makes the car flip, and the wheels would be at full speed long before the truck was airborne... LOL

I guess as of 8/21/2018 there is no metal upgrade for that shaft yet. I guess I"m gonna do the mod. Thanks Jerry for sharing

i am using the 17t HD input on mega and since it worked just great. picked it up for $5 each. But i keep loosening(may be incorrect word) my diffs. When in air if i spin one wheel with hand the other side lags and synchronizes little slowly. I tried using valvoline red high temp grease(i am jam packing the insides with grease for now) and it does feel better but i am looking for a little bit more strength feel. Can i use diff oil in mega? If yes is 30k suggested? I am running 4000kv Max10 sct combo on 3s. It was a blast while it lasted. Melted my plastic slipper and now have find new slipper assembly (i used 26t pinion and 91t spur from hot racing)and any suggestions for grease on for spur and pinion? is valvoline good enough?

I am trying to push this trucks speed limits. I have optional gearing to go as fast as 100mph theoretically. But need more robust setup before I try that run.

i am using the 17t HD input on mega and since it worked just great. picked it up for $5 each. But i keep loosening(may be incorrect word) my diffs. When in air if i spin one wheel with hand the other side lags and synchronizes little slowly. I tried using valvoline red high temp grease(i am jam packing the insides with grease for now) and it does feel better but i am looking for a little bit more strength feel. Can i use diff oil in mega? If yes is 30k suggested? I am running 4000kv Max10 sct combo on 3s. It was a blast while it lasted. Melted my plastic slipper and now have find new slipper assembly (i used 26t pinion and 91t spur from hot racing)and any suggestions for grease on for spur and pinion? is valvoline good enough?

I am trying to push this trucks speed limits. I have optional gearing to go as fast as 100mph theoretically. But need more robust setup before I try that run.

For the diffs - I use 10k in my Granite diffs, but it only lasts a few runs, they leak no matter what I do.

For the pinion/spur, run them dry. Straight cut gears don't really need lube, and it will do more harm than good with all the dirt it will attract.

If you want to shoot for 100mph, the BLX parts should get you there.

I put a firma 150a and 4072 2050kv spectrum in my granite and I am learning fast what parts to buy. I can tell you if you go cheap on stuff that you break you will probably be buying that part again. Get the best available or just order 2 because you will be replacing it.

I run this on 3s or 4s if we're racing around with my buds, but put 6s in it it goes fast. Running 32-86 48p gears

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back