Granite Granite 4x4 wheel damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadFury

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
The front right tire flew off 2 min into my daughters first rum on Christmas Day! She was driving it through a yard cover in leaves. I think she might have hit a stump that was buried under the leaves. Now I can't get it back on. I lookef at the pdf of the exploded view. I took it apart and reassembled it. And the wheel pop back off. How to I get this to stay on did I break something? I can't get the wheel back on there tight. does it look to you like I'm missing a part or something? Merry Christmas!
IMG_20171226_005545644.jpg
IMG_20171226_005601497.jpg

IMG_20171226_121054158.jpg
IMG_20171226_120732221.jpg
Looks like I need to scew these two pieces together. The trouble is I can't get the screw to go in there.

I pushed the two pieces together. The the screw won't seed. I'm going to try to run it without the screwing. I've been looking forward to a boxing day Bash session for weeks so I'm going to give it a go without the screw.
IMG_20171226_124409511.jpg
l

Thanks the the advise woodie!

I did a test run for a few minutes but the wheel came off again. I'm thinking I should have went with the voltage 2wd. People warned me about 4wd having more things that can go wrong with them.

What it looks like to me there is no screw going into metal axle from backside I looked at mine and can’t see screw. Exploded view on website doesn’t show screw either. I think the hard blow the wheel took pulled the small bearing you might try glazing the inside of the steering block with a thin glue but be careful not to glue seize the bearing maybe super glue gel. Then press bearing back in and see it holds. All I can conclude is excessive blow rocked the bearing out of the plastic block. Just my assumption nothing to lose until you can get new parts maybe they will replace them for free.

I just tore mine down to replace a bent axle, and decided to replace all of the wheel bearings with better ones. The screw is captive within the drive shaft (held in by the "U-Joint"), so it won't show up in the parts diagram individually.

I went to my local hobby shop Ultimate Hobbies in Orange California and Taylor, the guy you sold me the car was able to get the screw into the axel by using a cordless drill with an Allen key bit. Now everything is on good and tight. It was awesome he fixed it at no charge. @Bmansdad is right the scew is under the u joint. Thunderbird, thanks for the glue suggestion that might have been a good alternative solution If I could not get the screw in. Thanks for the help guys!

Great glad you got it fixed local hobby shops are so hopeful in situations like this i guess ill rely more on this forum than those explosion views Lol!

My Axel stub broke on the first run after I installed a Titan 12t. Thanks for all the pictures. Made my tear down much easier. I did use a long t handle 2mm and went down through the Axel shaft and the u joint to get to the set screw. Just hold it up to the light and you can see down through the slider shaft and u joint.

I’m gonna get into mine a check that out before next weeks race that’s all I need is a wheel popping off and lost screws on track

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back