Granite A arms keep braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma92

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I've owned a Arrma Granite 4X4 BLX for about 1 month now. I've taken it out a total of 5 time and every time a a-arm brakes. 3 front left and 2 rear left arms total.
Did i buy a lemon or is this a thing with granite? what can i do to? What upgrades?
IMG_1942.jpg

I think he means more what exactly are you doing when they break... are you launching this thing 30 feet in the air onto concrete at a skatepark, are you hitting curbs at high speed, etc.

You might want to try some a-arms from a different manufacturer like RPM if the stock ones won't hold up to your abuse.

I think he means more what exactly are you doing when they break... are you launching this thing 30 feet in the air onto concrete at a skatepark, are you hitting curbs at high speed, etc.

You might want to try some a-arms from a different manufacturer like RPM if the stock ones won't hold up to your abuse.

I emailed RPM about some arms for my granite and they said they don’t have any produced yet for the newest blx granite. Hopefully soon they come out with some

I Keep buying new ones and putting them on.

I mean what exactly were you doing at the time when the a-arm broke? Did you hit something? Land hard? I've only broken one a-arm and that was when I smashed into something at high speed.

Yes, I'm doing very light bashing. Max 5-8 feet of air. Not hitting any curbs or launching 30 ft.
I'm jumping a snow bank and landing on snow. temperature is about +1 - +8 celsius

From the look of the break in the pic, I'm going to guess a very hard landing in very cold weather. :D

Yes, I'm doing very light bashing. Max 5-8 feet of air. Not hitting any curbs or launching 30 ft.
I'm jumping a snow bank and landing on snow. temperature is about +1 - +8 celsius

Well to answer the original questions:

Did you buy a lemon? No. A lemon would be a bad motor or bad ESC. You've already replaced the a-arms and broken the replacements so you can't say the truck is defective.

Is this a thing with the Granite? Generally no. A-arms break from hard impacts and landings, especially is cold weather. Check out some YouTube videos and you will see people sending their Granites great distances and heights with no ill effects. I am going to guess your issue is driver error.

Are you landing on all fours?

Well to answer the original questions:

Did you buy a lemon? No. A lemon would be a bad motor or bad ESC. You've already replaced the a-arms and broken the replacements so you can't say the truck is defective.

Is this a thing with the Granite? Generally no. A-arms break from hard impacts and landings, especially is cold weather. Check out some YouTube videos and you will see people sending their Granites great distances and heights with no ill effects. I am going to guess your issue is driver error.

From videos I've watched on youtube and others, I can say I'm very easy on the granite. Ill take some videos and pics next time i go out.

Here is a terrible landing from 8 feet or so on to frozen ground. All the force went onto the front wheel. The A-arm survived:

From videos I've watched on youtube and others, I can say I'm very easy on the granite. Ill take some videos and pics next time i go out.

Ok cool. Maybe it's the angle of the snow bank. If the angle is steep and the snow is frozen, the front A-arm might be breaking on impact worth the ramp.

Are you landing on all fours?

Most of the time yes.

I'll add also I have 6 other rigs Ruckus ECX, Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas Slash, Losi GTX, Redcat Rampage MT & XT no issues with a-arms on any of these.

Most of the time yes.

I'll add also I have 6 other rigs Ruckus ECX, Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas Slash, Losi GTX, Redcat Rampage MT & XT no issues with a-arms on any of these.

I would then just chalk it up to terrible luck then because there isn't a known issue with the a-arms on the Granite.

I would then just chalk it up to terrible luck then because there isn't a known issue with the a-arms on the Granite.
Have you experimented with soaking parts in WD40 or other things to make them more flexible. I've also noticed that every a-arm that brakes is right where the shock screw is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back