Granite A arms keep braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was sitting here trying to picture your a arm in my head and how it got those stress marks. try to picture this in your head. your wheel would essentially be the handle end of a long lever. Your shock mount would be the fulcrum. the other end of this lever is essentially attached and non-moving. yes there is a hinge pin but it does not allow it to actually move in an up-and-down motion on that side of the lever. what you're seeing is not a stress mark from the arm bending, it is a stress mark from the arm tearing. essentially the arm is ripping instead of being bent. does that make sense. of course they make the holes for the shock mount with more meat around them in order to create less stress at that point.
Makes sense. Just figured it would bend beyond where the shock mounted, but perhaps that area is stiffer. Could have been from when I had 1/8th scale shocks on it that were a bit long... will see how the new arms do as I have the GTR's with VDK in them on it now. It's relatively soft.

just watched the test video. not super conclusive, but very interesting. I like the type of plastic that RPM uses vs. Arrma. it's way more flexible even when it hasn't been altered chemically. I have an extra set of stock and RPM arms, might take a hammer to them and see which one cracks first

I do hard bashing like accidentally hitting a curb at full speed. And broke another one buy hitting another curb. ? Would universal aluminum a arms work?

I do hard bashing like accidentally hitting a curb at full speed. And broke another one buy hitting another curb. ? Would universal aluminum a arms work?

No. And going aluminum will result in bent aluminum A-arms. And other broken parts from the transfer of force. The easiest solution is to stop slamming into stuff at high speed. Works wonders.

No. And going aluminum will result in bent aluminum A-arms. And other broken parts from the transfer of force. The easiest solution is to stop slamming into stuff at high speed. Works wonders.
I am driving it on 3s which is insanely fast. So problem should slow down. But will get a better a arm from rpm. So it's cheaper.

Alright I'm bumping this topic because I just noticed my front a-Arm is broken. Not terribly bad, it just unhinges from the giant pin that keeps it in place but it still needs replacing. Are there any other options beside stock before I order another pair of stock arms like say arms from other Arrma vehicles?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back