Granite Granite axle pop out issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D€ADMAN83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Maybe build up the cup hole damage from poping in and out with epoxy?????

16027963956974663879440152158811.jpg

Well you have to look at things like composite axles, and the U-joints in them, as what they are... consumables. Just like the axle shafts on full sized cars, or even ATV’s. They are the first part that takes the most abuse directly after the tires.
Granted, in your case, it doesn’t look like it should have failed this soon, but I’m guessing it was the right rear?
That’s the one that seems to get the most torque on my granite.
check your slipper clutch.

I had my granite running on 2S with a completely glued slipper clutch assembly(red loc-tite) for at least a year. I didn’t throw the first u-joint until I started running 3S. That’s when I bought the updated slipper assembly, and some new axles. Haven’t had a problem since.

It just sucks when you pay $800 and change on a Granite and Typhon and have only had maybe 45 minutes runtime on the granite and have had to waranty a reciever after a 10 minute run. Now this issue.
I have original axles on my Typhon 3s (got it summer 2019) and replaced a couple on my Granite since February. They're not that weak and likely likely your issue is from hard single wheel landings or slamming a wheel into an immovable object. Show me a 3s rc truck/buggy for the same money that has a better axle and my bet is you can't. Cheap to fix, actually cheaper than most, and takes about 15 minutes.

Ugh. Just ordered a set from Amazon. Im not replacing the whole axle. Just the half with the broken joint.
The fun part is gonna be finding the factory sweet spot on the slipper clutch. I didnt pay attention to how many times I turned it in or out.... Fml
Well you have to look at things like composite axles, and the U-joints in them, as what they are... consumables. Just like the axle shafts on full sized cars, or even ATV’s. They are the first part that takes the most abuse directly after the tires.
Granted, in your case, it doesn’t look like it should have failed this soon, but I’m guessing it was the right rear?
That’s the one that seems to get the most torque on my granite.
check your slipper clutch.

I had my granite running on 2S with a completely glued slipper clutch assembly(red loc-tite) for at least a year. I didn’t throw the first u-joint until I started running 3S. That’s when I bought the updated slipper assembly, and some new axles. Haven’t had a problem since.
Left actually. Anyway, ordered a set of rear axles. Now i have to set the slipper clutch to factory.

Maybe build up the cup hole damage from poping in and out with epoxy?????

View attachment 104725
Same thing happened to me I got my granite 3s v3 three days ago. You should buy new driveshaft or a metal one in order not to pop out again. But I didn't buy. I'm 16 and I live next to my uncle. He is master of fixing things without money needed. See my photo. As you can see we put two screws with space inside them in the two sides and now the silver thing is not in plastic but in aluminum. So it will not pop out again. I also put that in front wheel because it doesn't have much weight and I put the good one back. I have bashed my granite 2-3 times from that day really hard and starting extremely hard and everything is OK!!!
16029695850611223686961.jpg

I cant see what yall did. Did he drill a hole in the metal and screw into it?
Same thing happened to me I got my granite 3s v3 three days ago. You should buy new driveshaft or a metal one in order not to pop out again. But I didn't buy. I'm 16 and I live next to my uncle. He is master of fixing things without money needed. See my photo. As you can see we put two screws with space inside them in the two sides and now the silver thing is not in plastic but in aluminum. So it will not pop out again. I also put that in front wheel because it doesn't have much weight and I put the good one back. I have bashed my granite 2-3 times from that day really hard and starting extremely hard and everything is OK!!! View attachment 105030
Can you take more pictures of the joint? Maybe take off the wheel so i can see more? Thank you very much.

Seeing the problem, I thought maybe putting a cable tie around the cup would work, if there is enough room for the shaft to spin and no problems due to imbalance arise?

I think he's using imagine a screw drilled out longways so theres just enough room for the pin and screwing and gluing that into the plastic.
I think they sell kits with these already made. Like a re-thread kit.
EZ Lock thread inserts

Last edited:
I cant see what yall did. Did he drill a hole in the metal and screw into it?

Can you take more pictures of the joint? Maybe take off the wheel so i can see more? Thank you very much.
No he didn't drill a hole at metal thing. Those screws have space inside them so the metal thing went into them and then we glued it. I have better photos, see. Oh and I forgot to mention I bash it hard and I have not a single problem
IMG_20201018_082011.jpg
IMG_20201018_082035.jpg
IMG_20201018_082020.jpg

after popping it back in you can try to use a heat gun /rework station and some pliers to try to bend the plastic back. i did this and was able to get a few more packs out of it before full on replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back