GRANITE BATTERY LIFE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was in the 40's or 50's. but the battery was jut taken off the charger from inside the house, so it was plenty warm.

That would be the battery. The only other thing I can think of is the ESC. There is a black plug on it. Make sure that it is set in the NiMH mode if that is what you are running and not the LiPo mode.

i am with Griffin,
@justawfulgamer
Check which settings the ESC have. Set it to NiMh, because the cut off voltage of these cells are lower.
If you are using LiPo´s, take care that the ESC is switched to LiPo preventing a deep discharge and in a result damaging of the LiPo battery. In case that you prefer NiMh, so take a look about race packs which have a capacity up to 6 cells/ 4500mA ore more.
I prefer LiFe or LiPo, because i can charge them very quick if i want to drive and in the other time the battery are in my cellar on storing voltage.

Just an suggestion..

Regards,
lonee

Comes stock with a Dean's connector. That battery won't work. At least not like that. There might be some kind of adaptor that you could use. Or you could cut off that end and solder on a dean's connector.

I think the star connector is compatable with the deans connector already on the Granite

Here's one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSFS8&P=ML

And it comes with four adaptors one being a dean so it will work.

You also want to make sure that you are looking at 6 cell batteries. Not sure a 7 cell will fit like you posted earlier

Don't just limit yourself to looking at towerhobbies though. You may find other stuff elsewhere cheaper. I'm not an expert at NiMH batteries anymore so I can't tell you what the best one is or most economical.

UPDATE! i got the new esc and it does the SAME THING! i think it has something to do with maybe the grass being hard to drive through? i was able to reproduce the flashing on the esc when i put the truck against the wall and tried to drive it. It seems to go into safety mode or something. But even after running it outside, once it went into that mode, nor the esc or the motor was hot. so is this normal or what?

I can't say what happens with the smaller ESC´s but the BLX200 has a kind of safety function when the motor is blocked.
Make a test run on harder ground than gras and check the difference. To put a car against a wall and drive forward is 100% not the right way to find you're problem, because cars just smashing against walls! ;)
Regards,
lonee

UPDATE : So I finally was able to take the truck out to a nice clean parking lot and really test it out, the 5000mah lasted about 14 mins, and the 3000 lasted about 12 mins. I was jumping the truck like crazy.

Hello folks ! , i just bought a senton but i bought a buddy the granite and hes reporting back to me hes getting a few min runs.. hes using the supplied wall charger and says after an hr the charger gets warm not battery.. hes totally new to rc. hes using the stock 7.2 v 2000mAh battery that came with truck.. as for a newbie he loves it.. ( hes 40-divorced.. wife took everything ) I just want him to get more run time so since i haven't been in hobby for awhile i suppose i could just up the battery to what ? a 5000mah like justawfulgamer did ? was that a 7.2v ? and can he still use supplied charger or should i have him get a venom pro 2 charger like what i have .. ? or what other charger could he get.. im open for suggestions..

If he wants short charging times, he need a better performing charger. If you want to have longer runtime with one pack, you´ll need bigger battery (more mA)
I don't know how many Amps the wall charger can give, but it is less than 2A, the battery will not filled in-between one hour.
Generally the most manufacturer do recommend to charge with 1C = for example a 2000mA battery with 2000mA (2A) power.
Some LiPo battery you can run more power, but its against lifetime. An LiFepo4 is a special exception and can handle much more charge power.

My feeling is that you're colleague needs a little skill brush up concerning handling and charging the actual battery.

I do have different chargers, Schulze, LRP, Multiplex and so on. But If I had to fill up my LiPo´s fast, I most use the Multiplex power peak D7 or the Schulze Next GenII. For less power charging I use Schulze LipoCardII, LRP Pulsar incl. balancer or Schulze Chameleon and Multiplex multi charger LX5014 with external balancers.
LiPo´s for my Nero... 4 x SLS 5300mA 2s, 2 x SLS 6000mA, 2 x Duratrax 5400mA 3s, 2x Energy (Conrad) 5500mA 3s.
And some more other LiPo´s for other cars, planes and boats. ;)

My impression is, that you have to recommend a quite simple charger which does the most settings by itself.
Maybe an BID charger, where the values of the battery can be stored on it and when you have to charge, just plug together and the chip gives the charger the information of the battery. At least you have to push the start button after plugging on..
My Power Peak D7 has this option and that was the best solution for the lifetime of my LiPo´s, cause my girlfriend likes to charge her packs herself! ;) (with BID she can´t do something wrong! lol)

Regards,
lonee

My feeling is that you're colleague needs a little skill brush up concerning handling and charging the actual battery.

Correct ,My friend has ZERO experience in R/C cars and ive been out of the hobby for 20 yrs . or even the hobby.. TBH hes quite happy with what he has so im not going to look further .. i advised him about a bigger battery .. say a 5000mah but hes content.Im leaving him at that until he says otherwise.

Thanks for the reply Lonee...

Schuey

Last edited:
Correct My friend has ZERO experience in R/C cars or even the hobby.. TBH hes quite happy with what he has so im not going to look further .. i advised him about a bigger battery .. say a 5000mah but hes content.Im leaving him at that until he says otherwise.

Thanks for the reply Lonee...

Schuey

And understand that with for example the Granite MEGA the run-times on an equal battery (lipo or ni-mh) can be equal with a much more powerful BLX Granite.

The reason is simple: Brushless motors are so much more efficient than the very best brushed motor!
Brushless is a power LED where brushed would be a candle light bulb :cool:

I have a Tamiya cup 21.5T 2700kV brushless motor over here. It has more power than my 20T brushed 2700kV modified kyosho motor, and runtime...i get bored before it is even empty at 6000mAh 2S

lol.. getting bored fast i hope im not like that.. TBH.. ive been a nitro fan for the last 2 cars.. yrs ago.. but i just didnt want to mess with nitro this time.. now im sorta wishing i went nitro.. it seems this brushless thing and batteries is more of a pain in arse then dealing with some needles.. and it would have been so much cheaper in the end.. im already almost 600 into this Senton with car and batteries and charger..i could have gotten me a tmaxx 3.3 for 489 and just got some 20% and been running.. i finally got my batteries back after ordering the wrong connector.. i had never heard of at90 connectors until i got this rig.so i had to solder up some connectors to deans to fit .I just hope the senton is as crazy as everyone says ...

Schuey

lol.. getting bored fast i hope im not like that.. TBH.. ive been a nitro fan for the last 2 cars.. yrs ago.. but i just didnt want to mess with nitro this time.. now im sorta wishing i went nitro.. it seems this brushless thing and batteries is more of a pain in arse then dealing with some needles.. and it would have been so much cheaper in the end.. im already almost 600 into this Senton with car and batteries and charger..i could have gotten me a tmaxx 3.3 for 489 and just got some 20% and been running.. i finally got my batteries back after ordering the wrong connector.. i had never heard of at90 connectors until i got this rig.so i had to solder up some connectors to deans to fit .I just hope the senton is as crazy as everyone says ...

Schuey

If you are coming from a nitro truck into lipo and brush-less territory, I can image the "culture" difference ;)
Nevertheless brushless/lipo power is more clean, no nitro all over the place.
But nowadays even more powerful and comparable run-times.
But as easy as refilling a tank...no

Thats the one main reason i went brushless.. i opened my old tool box and it had after run oil and air cleaner oil over everything and my tools .. i still haven't cleaned it up.. every lil nut and screw is covered in oil.. i need to get me one of those home parts cleaner thingies.. and with it being cold here in the states.. for winter time.. i wanted to be able to plug it in and play.. rather then having to heat up the head and playing with an electric start.. my biggest issue now is my paranoia.. im older then i was when i was in hobby and my reflexes arent as fast and from watching the videos on the Senton.. maybe i jumped into the deep end .. ive seen how fast this is on 6s.. :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back