Granite Granite Bell Crank Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Been looking to tighten up the steering and control of my granite. Definitely looking to install the GPM tie rods, wanted the Hot Racing bell crank but no one has it.

Anyone have experience with the GPM bell crank or any others? And is it worth the replacement?

I bought the gpm pillow balls and it was the second best upgrade my granite has had, the first was rpm arms.

But yes, it reduced 90% of the steering slop, also pop some bearings in the bell cranks if you haven't done that already.

I bought the gpm pillow balls and it was the second best upgrade my granite has had, the first was rpm arms.

But yes, it reduced 90% of the steering slop, also pop some bearings in the bell cranks if you haven't done that already.
So keep stock bell crank n just add bearings?

got the HR pivot balls I have to install

I recently put the Hot Racing bellcrank in my Typhon 3S - I had to do a lot of searching on the internet to find one. Between the bellcrank and the HR pivot balls the steering slop has been siignificantly reduced. What I found interesting is that when I removed the stock bellcrank on my Typhon 3S V3, I found it already had bearings rather than bushings. I couldn't tell until I started removing it.

I recently put the Hot Racing bellcrank in my Typhon 3S - I had to do a lot of searching on the internet to find one. Between the bellcrank and the HR pivot balls the steering slop has been siignificantly reduced. What I found interesting is that when I removed the stock bellcrank on my Typhon 3S V3, I found it already had bearings rather than bushings. I couldn't tell until I started removing it.
So I’m assuming just the Hr pivot balls should help tremendously right now? Maybe bearings in the bell crank. No need for the steel tie rods and bell crank?
Thanks for all the help

I wouldn't say the HR pivot balls are a tremendous help, but they do tighten things up a bit and won't wear as easily as the stock pivot balls. As far as the bellcrank goes, replacing the bushings with ball bearings will definitely improve the steering, especially over time when the bushings wear out.

I wouldn't say the HR pivot balls are a tremendous help, but they do tighten things up a bit and won't wear as easily as the stock pivot balls. As far as the bellcrank goes, replacing the bushings with ball bearings will definitely improve the steering, especially over time when the bushings wear out.
Any idea on bearing size?

I can't seem to find GPM pillow balls for the Granite, I found them for the 6s models though. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...kncukle-arms-4pc-set-gpm-mak007s-p-14011.html

Any idea on bearing size?
5x10x4 if I remember correctly.

Thanks. Shows I have bearings already in my v3 BLX granite?

Correct. Very cheap to replace.
6FD8891A-AE1A-42A2-B307-2C906D17AFAF.png

Got a link to those? No luck searching tho prob due to user error...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back