Granite BLS adventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys! Iv decided to keep a log of the what iv done to my granite. What better way than by posting it here! So far iv done the following to my granite.
-replaced bls motor with blx motor
-added tbone front bumper
-purchased 2s lipo
I managed to break the front post that holds the body by running the 2s lipo without the body. From standing still the truck did a back flip and landed on the post lol. I epoxied it back and ordered 2 replacements. I also decided to buy the rear tbone bumper. Im considering buying the parts to convert the granite into the Vorteks. But thats something for later.

Attachments

• 20160109_182953.jpg
    20160109_182953.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 58
Great idea on the log.
My Raider did the same thing on the first "brushed to brushless" run [still on NiMh], breaking one of the roll-cage brackets that hold the wing.
Question: Besides wheels and body, what's the diff between a Vorteks and a Granite?
Thanks,
~s

Mainly body and tires. A couple of other parts are needed but they wont cost you over 20 bucks. The tires, wheels and body are the most expensive parts.

Alight so i managed to strip a small gear inside the servo. Also managed to crack the lower plate. Iv ordered the upgraded metal plate but it is back ordered to till early february. Booo

Mainly body and tires. A couple of other parts are needed but they wont cost you over 20 bucks. The tires, wheels and body are the most expensive parts.
The Vorteks tires about a half inch less diameter, don'know about the pinion/spur gear. I was wondering if the grooves on the Vorteks front tires dug in for tighter turns of if the wide footprint of the Granite tires dug in tighter.

That servo came as a spare with the Granite blx I bought second hand. After I traded off the Granite I put it in my Talion while I waited for my new servo for it to come in. That thing actually held up through 4-5 packs, and the 1/8ths esc have a 7.4v BEC. I expected it to blow first run under the weight of the Talion and extra voltage, it held up great.

I managed to snap another front post. The one that holds the body. Any advice on how not to break another or how to modify the the frame to accept aluminum posts?

Ehm...Don't drive it up side down?...Put it up on a shelf and admire it...Poor it in concrete, but be warned, changing batteries becomes hell...:D
But seriously...I would look at your driving style...And see if there's something you could do differently...
When I did take a hard and good look at my driving style I went from a broken front arm every time I drove to no broken front arm every time I drive...:confused:

I just swapped out the stock oil in my front shocks since one of them was leaking. I bought 40wt team losi oil and I have to say I think it'should too viscous. The shocks are super stiff. I did end up ordering some integy shocks for the front and will see how that weight of oil performs with those shocks

I just swapped out the stock oil in my front shocks since one of them was leaking. I bought 40wt team losi oil and I have to say I think it'should too viscous. The shocks are super stiff. I did end up ordering some integy shocks for the front and will see how that weight of oil performs with those shocks

I'm sure some of the experienced guys here can give you some advice on shock oil weight.
If you're driving in similar conditions every time, see what gives you the best handling.
Oil is cheap...

I have Team Associated 35W oil in Traxxas Ultra shocks on my Granite BLS. It works for me.

I just purchased a pack of varying oil weights from team losi. I'll experiment once I get them in!

I just purchased a pack of varying oil weights from team losi. I'll experiment once I get them in!
Do you have a link to your purchase?
Maybe some other forum members would like to jump on this too.

Just got it in! I'll update you guys on the results. Also got the integy shocks in

Nice log Rooles. I have a BLS too. What I´ve done so far is:

Change motor to 5400 kv and 120 a ESC from RC Gear Shop
Change dboots to proline 2.8 trenchers
Traxxas bigbore aluminum shocks (upgraded yesterday).
Aluminum plates
T-bone racing rear and front bumpers
10k diff oil
Arrma TVP plate
Arrma lower plate aluminum
Change to TTX300 transmiter

This car is amazing!!!. The more I ran it the more I love it!!.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back