Granite BLS Spur andn pinion gear spinning but nothing else

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rummy12

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello
I recently upgraded my Granite BLS with metal gears in the tranny and I also upgraded the spur and pinion gear to the same ones that come stock on the BLX.

The issue I'm having now is the only way my tires spin is if I pick up the rear end. If the tires are on the ground the pinion n spur gear spin but nothing else does. If I do happen to get it to move while on the ground it's only briefly and then the motor kicks out. With my limited knowledge on this stuff my guess is i might have two separate issues. One being a weak motor and the other possibly an improper setting on my slipper clutch.

Any answers or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Good afternoon. I'm fairly new to this forum and to this hobby, but I hope I may be able to help....the gear ratio for the blx (pinion/spur > 13/57) is a big jump from the bls gear ratio (18/87) which was matched to the bls brushless motor. So not matching the blx motor to the new gear setup might be your problem. And you might want to see if your gear mesh is too tight or a gear is out of mesh. I hope this was helpful.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it might have something to do with the gears and motor relationship. Also, I didn't know you could put the gear mesh too tight. When I mesh them back together I put it as tight as I can. I will definitely loosen that up a bit and hopefully that will make difference. I have a feeling purchasing the blx motor might be in my future! Again, thanks.

Your welcome. Simple trick to meshing gears..particularly to the pinion and spur. Cut a piece of paper 1/2" by 3"....fold it in half lengthwise....sandwich the paper with the pinion and spur gears firmly (not forcefully)..lock your pinion...then just pull the paper up and out as it briefly turns the gears. That should give you a proper spacing to the mesh. It's worked for me and haven't had problems yet. Hope this was helpful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back