Granite BLS upgrade series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay installed the Proline pro 2 sct caster blocks in the Granite BLS. These are the same caster blocks found on the Traxxas Slash. I went with plastic so I don't have metal on metal giving me a cheap breakpoint. And I opted for the Proline ones as I heard they're stronger than Traxxas.
14601696666311811202055.jpg
14601697095061653927043.jpg
In the second picture u may spot a washer at the top of the hub carrier. This is nessecary for taking out a slight bit of slop. Anyhow the only other thing I did was add a 3mm lock nut to the bolt attaching the caster to the upper A arm. This is a solid setup and should hold up a bit better than stock!

@bogdaddyd82 thnx for taking the time and sharing all the info!

No problem bud! After buttoning up the front end of the Granite. I Had to bring the turnbuckles all the way in. And even so, the wheels are left with a slight toe in . So, going to see how I like it as is. I'm super crazy busy between 2 jobs 2 kids and wife. But I have a vacation planned for the week of the 18th. The Yeti is about 100% done. And that frees me up to complete the Granite.

If you guy's would like me to do a YouTube video about my Granite project please let me know. I will get as detailed as possible . And if you guys like it I will do more.

I would like to know how the caster block worked out, they seem a little different tho I can't find the spec On them to compare. Also did the slash hub carriers use the same size bearing. I got a new set of fasteddys to put in them! Thnx!

I just realized that I didn't mention the bearing size. Ok so the stock Arrma carriers use 5x10 and the Traxxas ones are 5x11 so definitely a bigger better bearing in the traxxas carriers. For the casters. I used the center mounting hole and that made the front tires perfectly flat for maximum contact patch. Although it may be nice to have a slight toe in for cornering. However that adjustment can be made on the upper control arm. It would be a more precise adjustment using the upper control arem because it is a threaded rod end and you can get it in and out to exactly your liking. I don't recommend unthreading the link end of the upper control arm too far as it will be weaker as there will be less thread in contact with the main body of the arm.

No problem bud! After buttoning up the front end of the Granite. I Had to bring the turnbuckles all the way in. And even so, the wheels are left with a slight toe in . So, going to see how I like it as is. I'm super crazy busy between 2 jobs 2 kids and wife. But I have a vacation planned for the week of the 18th. The Yeti is about 100% done. And that frees me up to complete the Granite.

If you guy's would like me to do a YouTube video about my Granite project please let me know. I will get as detailed as possible . And if you guys like it I will do more.
Awesome! I would definely refer back to the video if u made one, I am still a noob to the hobby world. As far as the bearing no a prob , I have 2 granites one will be set up for racing.(that's why I'm liking this post) and one will be for general bashing for my son. it seems like u have a full plate. So that totally up to u. Thnx again for sharing!

Arrma granite quick run
Video up on youtube! I put up a quick first video of my Granite. Just search. " Arrma Granite quick run" and it should pop up. My channel name is bigdaddyd82vapes. Enjoy. And I will let yall know when I get the mods video up

LunchBox RC Trucks look me up!

Hey bud! I saw your YouTube videos. Nice track! I just put up another video more indepth on what I did with my Granite. I will actually do a few more as I get more comfortable with the camera. But for now there's 2 of them . Any questions just post em up and I will do my best to get back to you

Hey bud! I saw your YouTube videos. Nice track! I just put up another video more indepth on what I did with my Granite. I will actually do a few more as I get more comfortable with the camera. But for now there's 2 of them . Any questions just post em up and I will do my best to get back to you
That yetti looks good sitting there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back