Granite Granite blx 2wd

invzibl

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Thanks for the help and time! Have you realized less cup deformation at the dogbones and less breakage because of it at all? I haven't touched mine in a while because I got tired of having to try to find a dogbone that came out because the axle cups were so deformed. Its why I was hoping to find a CVD type that would work as a direct replacement. I have some extras of the cups. I am assuming that the diff set you listed is the same piece that I will have to take out in order to replace the cups anyway. Maybe its worth just replacing the whole thing as you have suggested.

Sorry, I have not worked on many RC cars in the past. I have to try to find a tutorial video somewhere that will walk me thru replacing the cup axle pieces in order to fix them myself LOL. I keep calling them cup axles.... I am sure that's not what they are technically called.....

biggman100

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
Thanks for the help and time! Have you realized less cup deformation at the dogbones and less breakage because of it at all? I haven't touched mine in a while because I got tired of having to try to find a dogbone that came out because the axle cups were so deformed. Its why I was hoping to find a CVD type that would work as a direct replacement. I have some extras of the cups. I am assuming that the diff set you listed is the same piece that I will have to take out in order to replace the cups anyway. Maybe its worth just replacing the whole thing as you have suggested.

Sorry, I have not worked on many RC cars in the past. I have to try to find a tutorial video somewhere that will walk me thru replacing the cup axle pieces in order to fix them myself LOL. I keep calling them cup axles.... I am sure that's not what they are technically called.....
The diff i listed is a ball diff, not a gear diff, and, it isnt actually for the Fury. It is actually for the HPI Blitz, and is completely different than the original Fury diff, but, it will fit the Fury transmission if you shim it correctly. It has to be even in the transmission housing. I did mine more than a year ago, so i don't remember how many shims i used per side. Honestly though, i haven't ran my Fury much in months, because i ended up buying 3 newer trucks, so it mainly sits on the shelf, although, i do run it once in awhile. Before you put the ball diff in, i would learn as much as you can about them, since its nothing like the stock diff. This is what the diff i listed looks like when you first get it:

s-l500.jpg

mip-part-10109.jpg

invzibl

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
The diff i listed is a ball diff, not a gear diff, and, it isnt actually for the Fury. It is actually for the HPI Blitz, and is completely different than the original Fury diff, but, it will fit the Fury transmission if you shim it correctly. It has to be even in the transmission housing. I did mine more than a year ago, so i don't remember how many shims i used per side. Honestly though, i haven't ran my Fury much in months, because i ended up buying 3 newer trucks, so it mainly sits on the shelf, although, i do run it once in awhile. Before you put the ball diff in, i would learn as much as you can about them, since its nothing like the stock diff. This is what the diff i listed looks like when you first get it:

View attachment 211565
View attachment 211566
And this all works in the 2wd Granite BLX?