Granite Granite blx 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help and time! Have you realized less cup deformation at the dogbones and less breakage because of it at all? I haven't touched mine in a while because I got tired of having to try to find a dogbone that came out because the axle cups were so deformed. Its why I was hoping to find a CVD type that would work as a direct replacement. I have some extras of the cups. I am assuming that the diff set you listed is the same piece that I will have to take out in order to replace the cups anyway. Maybe its worth just replacing the whole thing as you have suggested.

Sorry, I have not worked on many RC cars in the past. I have to try to find a tutorial video somewhere that will walk me thru replacing the cup axle pieces in order to fix them myself LOL. I keep calling them cup axles.... I am sure that's not what they are technically called.....

Thanks for the help and time! Have you realized less cup deformation at the dogbones and less breakage because of it at all? I haven't touched mine in a while because I got tired of having to try to find a dogbone that came out because the axle cups were so deformed. Its why I was hoping to find a CVD type that would work as a direct replacement. I have some extras of the cups. I am assuming that the diff set you listed is the same piece that I will have to take out in order to replace the cups anyway. Maybe its worth just replacing the whole thing as you have suggested.

Sorry, I have not worked on many RC cars in the past. I have to try to find a tutorial video somewhere that will walk me thru replacing the cup axle pieces in order to fix them myself LOL. I keep calling them cup axles.... I am sure that's not what they are technically called.....
The diff i listed is a ball diff, not a gear diff, and, it isnt actually for the Fury. It is actually for the HPI Blitz, and is completely different than the original Fury diff, but, it will fit the Fury transmission if you shim it correctly. It has to be even in the transmission housing. I did mine more than a year ago, so i don't remember how many shims i used per side. Honestly though, i haven't ran my Fury much in months, because i ended up buying 3 newer trucks, so it mainly sits on the shelf, although, i do run it once in awhile. Before you put the ball diff in, i would learn as much as you can about them, since its nothing like the stock diff. This is what the diff i listed looks like when you first get it:

s-l500.jpg

mip-part-10109.jpg

The diff i listed is a ball diff, not a gear diff, and, it isnt actually for the Fury. It is actually for the HPI Blitz, and is completely different than the original Fury diff, but, it will fit the Fury transmission if you shim it correctly. It has to be even in the transmission housing. I did mine more than a year ago, so i don't remember how many shims i used per side. Honestly though, i haven't ran my Fury much in months, because i ended up buying 3 newer trucks, so it mainly sits on the shelf, although, i do run it once in awhile. Before you put the ball diff in, i would learn as much as you can about them, since its nothing like the stock diff. This is what the diff i listed looks like when you first get it:

View attachment 211565
View attachment 211566
And this all works in the 2wd Granite BLX?

Yeah I used the Blitz diff in my old Granite 2x (from 2012!) and it stopped all my diff breakage and leakage issues. Some other hub I forgot, some HPI dogbones but they sometimes fall out so I always kept one spare with me when driving it. I like the Granite but lack of parts makes it difficult. The Castle SCT Race Pro sure woke it up, fixed the brushed motor problems, and made it scoot. Haven't driven it in years. May dust if off!

Yeah I used the Blitz diff in my old Granite 2x (from 2012!) and it stopped all my diff breakage and leakage issues. Some other hub I forgot, some HPI dogbones but they sometimes fall out so I always kept one spare with me when driving it. I like the Granite but lack of parts makes it difficult. The Castle SCT Race Pro sure woke it up, fixed the brushed motor problems, and made it scoot. Haven't driven it in years. May dust if off!
Check eBay. Except for the rear diff, every other part for the Arrma 2WD line is still available on there.

Not even sure what this is lol its arrma , 2wd and the Granite shell drops right on , it's double wishbone too on the front

16607599366314612774732491449432.jpg

16607599841571898137780479527572.jpg

16607600442337947139015766717495.jpg

1660760067230570151198923880012.jpg

16607600895312602188533808623540.jpg

16607601440864780064001044353868.jpg

That is an Arrma Granite Voltage... Extreme budget 2wd MT, sold for around $99, sometimes on sale for less.

I really wish Arrma would come out with an upgraded /BLX version with a slipper, metal gears, and decent driveshafts. But that would probably cost same or more than the Mega 4x4.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...brushed-mega-monster-truck-rtr/ARA102727.html

Edit - Looks like someone fitted the tires shocks and driveshafts from the 4x4 Granite on there. I wonder how they got the slider driveshafts to work?

That is an Arrma Granite Voltage... Extreme budget 2wd MT, sold for around $99, sometimes on sale for less.

I really wish Arrma would come out with an upgraded /BLX version with a slipper, metal gears, and decent driveshafts. But that would probably cost same or more than the Mega 4x4.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...brushed-mega-monster-truck-rtr/ARA102727.html

Edit - Looks like someone fitted the tires shocks and driveshafts from the 4x4 Granite on there. I wonder how they got the slider driveshafts to work?
Actually, thats not a Granite Voltage. Look closely at it, and you will notice that the battery door opens from the bottom. It actually looks like the original Granite/Raider/ADX-10 2WD prototype that Arrma was showing when they first started, around 2009-2010. IIRC, when the production models came out, they had completely redesigned the chassis from this one, to the one everyone is familiar with.

Hi

If I'm not mistaken that is the predecessor to the voltage series, it was sold for a very short period of time before they discontinued it. If I remember right it had some major design flaws that resulted in the chassis braking quite often, somewhere around the motor area, and there was also something wrong with the steering servo and its mounting bracket that kept breaking. You might still be able to find some info on it in the really old posts, at least I think so, when they updated the forum alot of stuff got misplaced.

I know it's been awhile for this thread but I super appreciate the killer info! hope I can still find everything needed to keep driving my favorite of my arsenal the Granite BLX BL 2014 SPEC which still has the 2013 motor/esc, but has all the red plastic and something else that's on the 2016 that I can't remember, but all that has mostly been upgraded.

I know it's been awhile for this thread but I super appreciate the killer info! hope I can still find everything needed to keep driving my favorite of my arsenal the Granite BLX BL 2014 SPEC which still has the 2013 motor/esc, but has all the red plastic and something else that's on the 2016 that I can't remember, but all that has mostly been upgraded.
Do a search on here for the Fury. Except for the chassis, which is longer than the Granite, anything that has and can be done on the Fury, can be done on your Granite. Same with the Raider and Raider XL. The only part they don't share is the main chassis, everything else is identical. As for parts, eBay has literally every part you could ever need for it, but most are listed under the Fury.

Do a search on here for the Fury. Except for the chassis, which is longer than the Granite, anything that has and can be done on the Fury, can be done on your Granite. Same with the Raider and Raider XL. The only part they don't share is the main chassis, everything else is identical. As for parts, eBay has literally every part you could ever need for it, but most are listed under the Fury.
Right on Thank You!

Back