Granite BLX 3200kv four pole motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I found out the hard way the motor is not water proof. Ran it early in the morning at a park (so dam crowed in LA) and the dew from the grass killed it and also a couple of bearings. The motor is destroyed and I need a replacement. The stock replacement from Arrma for this brushless motor is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone have an alternative that will work? Waiting for parts SUCKS !

I found out the hard way the motor is not water proof. Ran it early in the morning at a park (so dam crowed in LA) and the dew from the grass killed it and also a couple of bearings. The motor is destroyed and I need a replacement. The stock replacement from Arrma for this brushless motor is out of stock everywhere. Does anyone have an alternative that will work? Waiting for parts SUCKS !
Can try to warranty it front motor bearing is common for failing needs to be maintained because dust kills it

It's just as waterproof as any other BL motor. They should be able to run underwater and most will no problem, but even the sealed ones will pull in moisture.

Did the bearing on the motor fail or something else?

not really core is shot need to replace motor any compatable ones? It's a 32kv 4 poles brushless.
seems everytime I need part for the Granite it's on back order. Is Arrma parts typically on back order or is this another fun time with the covid virus? Checkout other similar motors specs all on back order. Kind of sucks! puts a real damper on the hobby enthusiasm.

I put one of these eBay Queen's Hobby motors in my Typhon and it's been great. I've bought 3 different Queen's motors from this seller and haven't had any complaints. They seem to be Hobbystar/Rocket knock offs or rebrands. 2-4s capable and a little bit longer than the stock 3s motor, so that combined with a little lower kv means a bit more torque so I was able to gear up a little bit more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233612961352

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-213408_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-213408_eBay.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 67
Basically anything in 3660 or a bit longer can size, 3000ish KV will work. Cheap motors can be pretty good (unlike most cheap ESCs).

learned something new everyday . . . you made me look up motor sizes. Didn't know that the first 2 digits were the circumference and the next two the length all in mm. Nice to know. Dunno if it'll fit, it's all apart now. But if you tried it . . . You are my hero for the day. thanks bro! Motor order is in! NICE HELP HERE !
1596864593842.png

learned something new everyday . . . you made me look up motor sizes. Didn't know that the first 2 digits were the circumference and the next two the length all in mm. Nice to know. Dunno if it'll fit, it's all apart now. But if you tried it . . . You are my hero for the day. thanks bro! Motor order is in! NICE HELP HERE !View attachment 93413
Yeah the motor size thing only makes sense for motors that aren't made by Castle. Castle uses a different size/naming convention (based in inches) which still confuses me. I should research and construct a Castle sizing conversion chart so I can understand them better when wanting to compare them to their metric counterparts.

Anyways I think you'll be happy with that motor if the one I linked is what you bought. It should drop right in the granite and your stock heatsink will fit it no problem. Oh and here's a tip: the bottom of the motor can isn't fully sealed so you can see the shaft and bearing race, so what I do is take a small dab of silicone grease and wipe some in the hole and then put a piece of gorilla tape over the hole. Helps to keep the dirt out and if dirt gets in the grease catches it.

Last edited:
I put one of these eBay Queen's Hobby motors in my Typhon and it's been great. I've bought 3 different Queen's motors from this seller and haven't had any complaints. They seem to be Hobbystar/Rocket knock offs or rebrands. 2-4s capable and a little bit longer than the stock 3s motor, so that combined with a little lower kv means a bit more torque so I was able to gear up a little bit more.

What have you had luck with so far? I’m wondering if the hobbystar 3670 3050kv motor can handle a pinion over 20t on 4s. Right now it’s fine on an 18t. I’ve been eyeballing these on eBay and have been wondering how they handle.

I think I'll run it with a 16t instead of the stock 15. Not looking to go fast, just wanna bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back