Granite BLX 4x4 V3 brushless chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elijah890

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m going through chassis over here like crazy and it’s getting quite annoying. Anyone know of a better chassis to get or some sort of bracing to make it stronger? First time snapped chassis in half in the center, next time front left near where steering block attatches this time the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated

E90A0D7B-0B6D-48EF-AC7B-0E47232EBA3B.jpeg

How cold is it where you are at the chassis extra hold up pretty well until it gets cold

There are no replacements from other companies. It takes alot to snap a chassis. You must be crashing hard. Avoid the bad crashes, especially on concrete/hard surfaces. I've snapped two, both on jumps with bad nose landings. My first chassis lasted a very long time, the second not as long. The difference may have been soaking with WD-40. I now have a V3 chassis, which I treated with boiled water then WD-40. This is really all you can do. The V3 chassis does have some extra bracing in the area you snapped in the photo.

How bad was the impact? Maybe a better bumper would help ??‍♂️
Neither impact was head on. One was a gradual break, one landed too hard with shocks too stiff other one didn’t but a anything crazy just blew apart the rear where the pin holds the lower control arm in
There are no replacements from other companies. It takes alot to snap a chassis. You must be crashing hard. Avoid the bad crashes, especially on concrete/hard surfaces. I've snapped two, both on jumps with bad nose landings. My first chassis lasted a very long time, the second not as long. The difference may have been soaking with WD-40. I now have a V3 chassis, which I treated with boiled water then WD-40. This is really all you can do. The V3 chassis does have some extra bracing in the area you snapped in the photo.
This last “impact” was minimal. I’ve never heard of boiling. What is the process for that? I’ll try it with the new chassis. 2 of my chassis where V3 but last one all I could get was the V2 unfortunatly. This V2 only lasted 2 runs and wasn’t abused at all

Last edited:
Man... never have seen a plastic chassis break there. I've lost two due to the battery strap slot snapping off, and my current one has a hole punched in it from slapping a rock. I lawn dart my Typhon like it's my job, I've never even seen an inclination of a crank in that area. Plus, my stock shocks tend to have less than zero fluid in them, so I chassis slap often (looking at shock alternatives, leave me alone :ROFLMAO: )

Seriously though, I have no clue how yours is breaking there. Looks like you ripped the hinge pin out too, did you catch the arm on something??

Ya man I don’t get it either. Everytime I break one it’s a different spot too. I have great shocks too. They are set perfectly I just don’t get it. I’m ready to machine my own lol. I have tried tons of different shocks. GPM, hot racing, knock offs, stocks but upgraded and these are by far the best https://www.ebay.ca/itm/283836824767

That is really odd to be honest. I usually hit the skatepark once a week, then regular dirt bashing like twice a week. I've never broken a chassis, so maybe you're getting lemons?

Here are a few tips/suggestions...
1) Make sure your entire chassis is able to slap the ground. What I mean by this is take your car from waist height and drop it. If only the back or only the front is slapping this will put a lot of stress in those areas.
2) What weight shock oil are you running, possibly too thin and not enough dampening? I have those same shocks, running 40wt front and 50wt rear
3) Make sure your screws that go through the chassis there aren't super tight, because that will also put a lot of pressure on the weak spots (near the holes). Once you feel the screw stopped just leave it at that, don't give it that extra oomf

I wish I had more, but I'm not even sure what to say especially since you've said you broken a few already. By the looks of it, looks like your arm got caught and was pushed backwards hard. If that is the case, then nothing is going to stop from breaking the chassis there :(

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back