Granite Granite BLX battery factory settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use GORILLA TAPE to wrap most of my soft as well as my hard packs Hard pack cases will also split open when a cell puffs out. Expands.
I using Gorilla tape on both my 6s soft and 4s hard case lipos. The hard case will split open when the cell (s) puff out. Heat is not an issue using tape.
20190817_113521.jpg

Last edited:
I use GORILLA TAPE to wrap most of my soft as well as my hard packs Hard pack cases will also split open when a cell puffs out. Expands.
I using Gorilla tape on both my 6s soft and 4s hard case lipos. The hard case will split open when the cell (s) puff out. Heat is not an issue using tape.View attachment 45835
Great! I'll do the same. I also need some gorilla tape at the bed for my granite. I see that the shock towers want to punch right through there because of my bad landings. Thanks.

Same here. G.tape inside the body at the towers. They will eventually punch right thru at some point regardless thougj. Depending on how you drive.
Gorilla tape and E6000 need to be in your tool box. Home depot items.don't forget the CA. I prefer the Locktite brand. And thread locker . H.Depot one stop shop.
Heat no issue with tape. Worth noting any cell will puff out for many reasons besides heat and too low of a C rating. Too low of a c will make that happen sooner than later.

Last edited:
There is a setting in the BLX100 to disable the LVC if you decide to run NIMH packs, but it defaults to enabled from the factory.
just for clarification -are you saying it is possible to run nimh batteries in the granite BLX? so you could go back and forth between lipo and Nimh?

just for clarification -are you saying it is possible to run nimh batteries in the granite BLX? so you could go back and forth between lipo and Nimh?
Yes you can. The first setting in the ESC programming is to set it in either NIMH or LIPO mode. This essentially disables or enables LVC mode.

DO NOT RUN LIPO WITHOUT LVC!!!!

But why would you run MH when the brushless system is so much better with Lipo? I never mess with that setting and just run lipo.

Yeah according to what people are saying here the minimum is 35C 5000mAh for both 3s and 6s vehicles. They have been working fine for now. And I have two of them. I'll make sure to get something with a higher C rating next time. The LHS told me that it would be fine. And they were actually talking about a 6s Outcast when I asked (the C rating). They said that they use 30C all the time on their Outcast with no issues. I'm assuming that my batteries will probably last less like that. I do have a hobby charger for balance charging and storage charging. Thanks.

I am waiting for my Granite to arrive and I have the same question in regards to whether or not the Spektrum 3s 30C 5000 mah will be enough for it. Please let me know your findings with this battery. Regards.

I am waiting for my Granite to arrive and I have the same question in regards to whether or not the Spektrum 3s 30C 5000 mah will be enough for it. Please let me know your findings with this battery. Regards.
Go with something way more than 30C. It worked well with that battery, but the minimum should be 35C. Now all my batteries are 50C or more. BTW, it's been know that some batteries are not accurate with the C rating, so 50C might be less. That's what I've been reading. I wouldn't go crazy either with like 100C rating. Go with 5200mAh and 50C as your minimum and you should be fine. I don't have that vehicle anymore, but I do follow that rule with my 4s and 6s rigs currently. I'm using SMC and power hobby batteries. They both have worked well for me.

Go with something way more than 30C. It worked well with that battery, but the minimum should be 35C. Now all my batteries are 50C or more. BTW, it's been know that some batteries are not accurate with the C rating, so 50C might be less. That's what I've been reading. I wouldn't go crazy either with like 100C rating. Go with 5200mAh and 50C as your minimum and you should be fine. I don't have that vehicle anymore, but I do follow that rule with my 4s and 6s rigs currently. I'm using SMC and power hobby batteries. They both have worked well for me.
This, do to inconsistencies in the way manufacturers measure the C rate pick a brand and try to buy the highest C rated pack they sell as that will be their best battery. C rate is really just a marketing gimmick. Most batteries on the market might have a true c rate that is half of what the pack says it is, some of the cheap ebay and Amazon batteries aren't even close to half.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY (1).jpg

I appreciate your prompt response and recommendations.

99% of lipos tested only achieve 50% of the published C rating. The lipo industry is playing us hobbyists. IMO.

This, do to inconsistencies in the way manufacturers measure the C rate pick a brand and try to buy the highest C rated pack they sell as that will be their best battery. C rate is really just a marketing gimmick. Most batteries on the market might have a true c rate that is half of what the pack says it is, some of the cheap ebay and Amazon batteries aren't even close to half.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

View attachment 61986
I hadn't seen that spreadsheet and it's good reading. The MaxAmps packs tested and his comment is very enlightening even though that brand could never be in my budget...

The kit quad crowd are very into lipo specs. There are a lot of testing done by them. A lot of the technology has trickled down from them to surface RC imo. Because Quads dominates the Hobby industry right now, a much larger community base. They drive the lipo market as of late.

Thank you

I have piles of China Hobby Line packs too. Neat to see how he views this brand among others and I'm only at the 2020 post. lol. I'll read more into all this soon.
I haven't looked at the 2020 stuff yet.

I haven't looked at the 2020 stuff yet.
In a big way, I kinda want him to just tell me what to buy and I'll follow through on my end. Lol. My head hurts from reviewing so much data and his writing style. Not a critical to him...more my ability to retain the bouncing around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back