Granite Granite BLX crawler conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lug Nut

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Is it possible to setup my Granite BLX as a crawler? From time to time I would like to utilize my G-BLX as a Crawler so I'm looking for some simple modifications to convert my rig from a basher to a crawler and back again. Any help with this request would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It probably wont be the same as a Wraith or something but you can lock the differentials. Throw some heavy weight oil in there or hot glue the diff.
Softer foam in the tires.
Lower gearing.
Lighter oil in shocks.

Rock crawling you want as much flex as you can get as low of a gear ratio as you can...even go as far as putting a Novak goat 18t

Is it possible to setup my Granite BLX as a crawler? From time to time I would like to utilize my G-BLX as a Crawler so I'm looking for some simple modifications to convert my rig from a basher to a crawler and back again. Any help with this request would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It’s not going to be easy to switch back and forth. You need to lock the diffs which will be a pain to switch back and forth unless you buy two sets of diffs. You also will need a crawler motor because you can’t go lower on the stock gearing, so will have to switch motors back and forth too.

Traxxas TRX-4 is what you want — two speed transmission and lockable diffs.

It would be best to invest in a crawler chassis, as with the crawlers there are so many options and designs

I had the goat 18t and it was sensored and I did a lot of mods and went from 11.1 to 7.4 because it was twisting everything so hard you could hear it pop and crackle

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1524505603480.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524505603480.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 63
"It would be best to invest in a crawler chassis, as with the crawlers there are so many options and designs"

Thanks Drtybird, I was thinking about a RTR (I really like the looks of the Gmade R1), but now I am seriously considering building a crawler from scratch, do you have any suggestions regarding a non-comp budget design? i.e. chassis, motor-esc combo? "budget is the operative word in that sentence!

I liked the gmade chassis and I wanted to build a moa because the weight is on axels, plus you can set it up on two ESC for dig front rear instantly without having to stop and poop tranny, I have seen a chassis a while ago that springs in front and rigid mount in rear don't remember the make but I seen a video where it crawled straight up a rock wall. I built a creeper and custom built a droop front with custom bent lowers and 1.5lb in each wheel but was top heavy I bought my cuz a red cat moa model and he put good steering sevo and good tires he would out climb me for a third the price I had in mine

Keep posting how things go with your build. Crawlers are nice when you don't have any room to bash

I'm planning to make a Granite a crawler of sorts, just pretty slow with torque for a small child to play with. Think I'm going to swap the stock mega 12T motor for 21T Traxxas or Holmes, then put really thick diff fluid front and rear, like 100K. BLX spur @ 57T with the stock mega 14t pinion should give a good gear ratio.

I'm planning to make a Granite a crawler of sorts, just pretty slow with torque for a small child to play with. Think I'm going to swap the stock mega 12T motor for 21T Traxxas or Holmes, then put really thick diff fluid front and rear, like 100K. BLX spur @ 57T with the stock mega 14t pinion should give a good gear ratio.
Did this build come to fruition? If so, how'd it turn out? Looking to doing the same

I ended up getting the 3s BLX, put a 13t pinion on it, and run on 2s with 35% radio. I got a Flysky Gt3c radio and set it up left hand conversion. Unfortunately my girl is super girly and doesn't really get it at 4 1/2 yet.

I ended up getting the 3s BLX, put a 13t pinion on it, and run on 2s with 35% radio. I got a Flysky Gt3c radio and set it up left hand conversion. Unfortunately my girl is super girly and doesn't really get it at 4 1/2 yet.
I have 4 daughters! Guess I'll be looking for a crawler for them to play with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back