Granite Granite BLx driveline parts listing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I had sent an email a few weeks ago to Arrma asking if they could provide a parts listing for all of the upgraded driveline parts for the Granite BLx.

They, of course, said no.

So after a few hours of looking at the exploded views......here is the parts listing and costs per Tower:

20180829_164549.jpg

I had sent an email a few weeks ago to Arrma asking if they could provide a parts listing for all of the upgraded driveline parts for the Granite BLx.

They, of course, said no.

So after a few hours of looking at the exploded views......here is the parts listing and costs per Tower:

View attachment 21663

After some holidays, I'm trying to play catch up on the forums and came across this thread. I'm only running 2S/3800kV, so nothing extreme. On the drive train, my only issue has been with the spur/motor pinion getting fubar'd. As such, I'm mainly interested in the minimum parts needed to get the 0.8mod spur/pinion up and going.

I think that would require lines 2-8 in single quantities, but is anything obvious missing?

Motor Spur Housing (1xAR310874)
Slipper Housing (1xAR310880)
Slipper Shaft (1xAR310881)
Spur Gear + Sleeve (1xAR310879)
Driveshaft (1xAR310884)
Slipper Pad (3xAR310790)
Slipper Spring (1xAR310882)
<Edit>
Adjustable motor mount (1x AR310899)
</Edit>

Is the new drive shaft actually required due to different slipper shaft protrusion? What is the smallest pinion I can start with in 0.8mod? Seems they are all 5 mm (go figure, after I buy 3.175 mm motors).

Did you compare bearings at all?

Last edited:
The only reason I purchased the new driveshaft is to ensure compatibility with the center driveshaft bearing support.

They are different part #s but I'm pretty sure the original will work.

don't forget a pack of the slipper pads, from the exploded view it looks like the BLx uses 3 pads on the slipper.

But yes, 2-8 should do the trick. I have everything ordered/backordered from Tower. All of the slipper assembly is available except #2 and #8, those are still on order as of 8/31.

Also, Protek includes a 3.175.m reducer sleeve on their .8 mod pinions.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...N4lAu4AtpV-NX3WQ-Km1h2bJJwdBPZnEaAi_vEALw_wcB

Also, looks like 15T is the smallest. Which might be a little tall on 3800kv.

I'm not sure what the final drive ratio difference between the BLx and the brushed are, if any, but my brushless 3000kv gets pretty warm on 3S with the 15T and stock (non BLx) driveline.

I just picked up a Mamba Monster X and 2400kv motor and am going to start with the 26T and see how it goes. I'm worried on 2S the 2400kv will be really slow.
I run about half on 2S and half on 3s.

Attachments

• 20180902_115907.jpg
    20180902_115907.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 54
Also, looks like 15T is the smallest. Which might be a little tall on 3800kv.

I'm not sure what the final drive ratio difference between the BLx and the brushed are, if any, but my brushless 3000kv gets pretty warm on 3S with the 15T and stock (non BLx) driveline.

I just picked up a Mamba Monster X and 2400kv motor and am going to start with the 26T and see how it goes. I'm worried on 2S the 2400kv will be really slow.
I run about half on 2S and half on 3s.
I checked other places for pinions and I found 13T and maybe 11T (I don't remember exactly). I'll keep looking though. A couple orders of spurs arrived so I have 14 spurs I can chew through now (pain to return, so I'll just use them).

The BLx motor mount only has 3 positions, so I believe based on the exploded view that the only options when using the BLx motor mount is 15, 20 and 26 tooth pinions.

They make down to a 9T I believe, but on the .8 mod BLx setup I think 15T is the smallest the mount will let you use with the pre-determined holes.

There is a optional motor mount that is available that is adjustable.
Part# AR310899

The BLx motor mount only has 3 positions, so I believe based on the exploded view that the only options when using the BLx motor mount is 15, 20 and 26 tooth pinions.

They make down to a 9T I believe, but on the .8 mod BLx setup I think 15T is the smallest the mount will let you use with the pre-determined holes.

Part# AR310899
Thanks for reminding me...I'll need to think about that.

Lol... I emailed them too asking if the blx parts would work on the mega and they said no because the part numbers are different... lol

Its so frustrating isn't it? Like you know how people in this hobby function. Everyone that owns a Granite 4x4 who has already converted to brushless or is planning too is going to want to know what parts have been beefed up.

Everyone is lazy anymore.

Part# AR310899

The adjustable motor mount doesn't show up on the Arrma website...I guess you came across it while browsing for the driveline replacements?

It is actually listed on Towers and Horizons website as an option part.

It looks like the default pinion is a 15t. There are optional part listings for 13t and 18t for the BLX but there aren't any listing for the 20t and 26t shown on the exploded view shown above isn't quite right. I'd bet the exploded view is wrong. I think I may target the 13t to run on 3s.

source: https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/xref/arrma-parts-xref-A_AR102666.pdf

Edit: Found a different exploded view. It may have presets drilled including the 20t and 26t but not the 18?
https://pics.towerhobbies.com/arrma...3512db0d0e673963752066db81cbd762d6f520bc6.jpg

It looks like the default pinion is a 15t. There are optional part listings for 13t and 18t for the BLX but there aren't any listing for the 20t and 26t shown on the exploded view shown above isn't quite right. I'd bet the exploded view is wrong. I think I may target the 13t to run on 3s.

source: https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/xref/arrma-parts-xref-A_AR102666.pdf

Edit: Found a different exploded view. It may have presets drilled including the 20t and 26t but not the 18?
https://pics.towerhobbies.com/arrma...3512db0d0e673963752066db81cbd762d6f520bc6.jpg

I hope so, otherwise my 2400kv castle setup wont be near enough rpm at 18T. I'm running the 27T 38pitch pinion right now and it is just about perfect. 2S it runs at 100 degrees and I could run it all day. 3S it gets to about 135 degrees, and on 4S it gets to 170 degrees.

There are 2 motor mounts available ... One is predrilled, and the other is fully adjustable. IvI' been waiting on the fully adjustable before I pull the trigger to upgrade that module on one of my trucks

That's right Larry. I was about to just buy the standard mount but those are back ordered as well! I'm getting a bit sick of Arrma parts availability.

Well just a quick update. Tower still has not had the motor mount or slipper clutch parts in stock. However, Jenny's RC on ebay has had both parts available on occasion and I've ended up getting them (cheaper) through them.

The truck has now been fully upgraded to the 3s blx driveline.

I should've just bought a BLx, I think I have $340 in this build, couldve got the BLx for 299.99

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back