Granite blx Esc blinking red. Cut antenna wired(oops)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ds5150

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I had an antenna tube break and come off. Tried gluing it. Bad call. Didn’t work. Took everything apart and ended up tearing the antenna wire.
put it all back together and the esc is blinking red. Won’t reset. Nothing happens.
mis the esc bad? The antenna wire the issue?
I did route the wire back like it was suppose to be but it’s missing the last 1 1/2” or so

That last 1 1/2 inches is the most important part of the antenna but it should still work, range might be all of 5-10 feet but it should still work.
Make sure your TH TRIM knob is centered and if you unplugged anything from the receiver make sure it is connected properly 1 to turn 2 to burn black to the outside.

That last 1 1/2 inches is the most important part of the antenna but it should still work, range might be all of 5-10 feet but it should still work.
Make sure your TH TRIM knob is centered and if you unplugged anything from the receiver make sure it is connected properly 1 to turn 2 to burn black to the outside.
All should be good.
not following your last...1 to turn 2 to burn black??

?‍♂️?‍♂️You guys are awesome. I had the plug 180 off. They should make it dummy proof lol. I had black to the inside.
thank you so much?
Every single one of us has done this. It’s the best way to learn.

?‍♂️?‍♂️You guys are awesome. I had the plug 180 off. They should make it dummy proof lol. I had black to the inside.
thank you so much?

you know its actually quite weird, they (years ago) always used to put a noid (key) on the plugs so they couldnt be reversed.. then there was confliction with the rx's being produced that had no noid.. we used to cut the noid off the servo plugs.. so then everyone got rid of the noids, but yet look at your rx, it has the notches for the noids.. dumb! ?‍♂️

you know its actually quite weird, they (years ago) always used to put a noid (key) on the plugs so they couldnt be reversed.. then there was confliction with the rx's being produced that had no noid.. we used to cut the noid off the servo plugs.. so then everyone got rid of the noids, but yet look at your rx, it has the notches for the noids.. dumb! ?‍♂️
That is interesting. I guess learn from your mistakes and pay attention. I honestly thought it would only go in one way. Live and learn lol
Here’s another question for you. Is it possible (or should I) try and solder the end of my antenna back on? Or should I get a new rx?

That is interesting. I guess learn from your mistakes and pay attention. I honestly thought it would only go in one way. Live and learn lol

Here’s another question for you. Is it possible (or should I) try and solder the end of my antenna back on? Or should I get a new rx?
Sadly you will need a new rx, as it's actually a coax type of cable, it has a inner wire and then an outer layer around that and trying to solder them back together is about impossible.

Kinda what I figured. I’ll see what the range is and probably just order a new one
Last time I broke a receiver wire my range was like 5-10 feet :(

you can replace the antenna but it would need to be done at the board of the rx.. we used to replace them with longer ones when 2.4 hit the mainstream.. the range was limited without the longer coax antenna..

Update. Got it all back together. Took it out and everything’s works but you can tell the communication is not correct. Very laggy. More so than the system already has. Range was about 25 yards which was better than expected but not good. I’ll have to order a new rx I guess
you can replace the antenna but it would need to be done at the board of the rx.. we used to replace them with longer ones when 2.4 hit the mainstream.. the range was limited without the longer coax antenna..
so I wonder if I should attempt it at the board or just do a new rx

best bet is just grab a flysky gt3b for 36.00 bucks and call it.. the stx2 it's just not reliable enough to justify the price of a new receiver... but if your hell bent on the stx remaining in the rig id be happy to send you a whole setup rx and tx.. just pay shipping..

best bet is just grab a flysky gt3b for 36.00 bucks and call it.. the stx2 it's just not reliable enough to justify the price of a new receiver... but if your hell bent on the stx remaining in the rig id be happy to send you a whole setup rx and tx.. just pay shipping..
No I’m not set on it. The rx is like $15 by itself. I can’t believe you can get another rx tx for $36. Lol I’m new to all this. Been out of it for along time.
so let me ask you this...the spectrum has its own lag problems out of the box. Is the flysky just better all around?

yes...wayyyyy better all around... digital as well.. 10 model memory and all for just 36.00 shipped...10-15 years ago something similar would have been in the 400-600 dollar range from futaba..

yes...wayyyyy better all around... digital as well.. 10 model memory and all for just 36.00 shipped...10-15 years ago something similar would have been in the 400-600 dollar range from futaba..
That’s crazy. Yea I might just go that route. The lag drives me slightly nuts. I’ve heard that it makes the experience a whole different animal when you have a good tx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back