Granite Granite blx hot racing input gear diff does not fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghozti3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I tried the hot racing diff in the rear of my granite and it didn’t work because the input gear is too long and it bottoms out in the slipper clutch housing before the motor housing snaps in place? Someone here can help me? I’m not using the hr yoke

image.jpg

The V3's have a shallower slipper housing because of the plastic nut in there. I'm guessing HR hasn't updated their input gear to be shorter to match, and only fit V1/V2's.

I tried the hot racing diff in the rear of my granite and it didn’t work because the input gear is too long and it bottoms out in the slipper clutch housing before the motor housing snaps in place? Someone here can help me? I’m not using the hr yoke

You mention “the hot racing diff” -Are you referring to the HR aluminum diff carrier case?

Last edited:
You can lose the lock nut or cut the input gear. I cut my input but be careful if you do. I like the nut on my slipper

Next time cross reference the part numbers to make sure it will fit. (Read & understand the product description before ordering it)

The V3's have a shallower slipper housing because of the plastic nut in there. I'm guessing HR hasn't updated their input gear to be shorter to match, and only fit V1/V2's.
Ok so I took the diff over to a buddies and I used a grinder and I took off a 1/16 maybe an 1/8 of the hr input gear, presto fixed. Snapped right in place lol
You mention “the hot racing diff” -Are you referring to the HR aluminum diff carrier case?
The yoke I’m not using
That’s the one I bought for the granite blx 4x4

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back