Granite BLX non factory motor replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokin Smot

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I was having a problem with my Granite BLX so I sent a video of what it was doing to the people at Horizon Hobby since that's where I bought it. They said they think its the motor causing the problem so they sent me a new one. Since the stock motor is on back order they sent me out a different motor, a Fuze 550 3800kv. So my question is will this motor be alright with a stock ESC since the stock BLX motor is 3200kv? I'm still new to the RC world so not 100% sure about all of this.

Yeah, it will be fine. Run it with the 15t pinion and watch your temps.

Fyi, I have a Racerstar/ GoolRC brand 3660 (550) size 3800kv motor in my Granite 4x4. Great power, runs cool. The Racerstar 80a ESC I got with the motor is kind of meh, though.

I was having a problem with my Granite BLX so I sent a video of what it was doing to the people at Horizon Hobby since that's where I bought it. They said they think its the motor causing the problem so they sent me a new one. Since the stock motor is on back order they sent me out a different motor, a Fuze 550 3800kv. So my question is will this motor be alright with a stock ESC since the stock BLX motor is 3200kv? I'm still new to the RC world so not 100% sure about all of this.

What was the issue you were having?

What was the issue you were having?

I was driving it around in my back yard and it stopped, when giving it throttle it stayed still but looked like it was trying to go. When I picked it up off the ground and gave it throttle the tires moved very slowing in a clicking fashion and it was making almost a grinding noise then just stopped. All the gears and everything are in good condition and everything moves freely. I ended up emailing Horizon Hobbys 2 times because I didn't think i contacted the right support the first time. My first response from them was saying my ESC was clogging. So they are shipping me a new one when its no longer on back order. Then 3 days later I got a new email from someone else saying it was the motor and they sent me the new Fuze 550 for replacement since stock motor was also on back order. I should be getting it today in the mail.

This is becoming more and more common. Let us know if the new motor fixes the issue.

This is becoming more and more common. Let us know if the new motor fixes the issue.
So I hooked up the new motor, when first powered on the motor agitates then nothing. 3 repeated green blinking lights on esc, reconnected receiver to esc for setup. I saw someone with the same problem on another forum and they ended up taking it to the local shop and it being the esc. So hopefully the back orders on the esc wont take too long. Once i finally get it going again I will update.

So I hooked up the new motor, when first powered on the motor agitates then nothing. 3 repeated green blinking lights on esc, reconnected receiver to esc for setup. I saw someone with the same problem on another forum and they ended up taking it to the local shop and it being the esc. So hopefully the back orders on the esc wont take too long. Once i finally get it going again I will update.

Did you contact Horizon again?

Did you contact Horizon again?
No, I mentioned in my first response to your question about what’s going on, I ended up contacting them via through they’re help center and directly to their email because I didn’t think I sent the first one correctly. So I got one email saying it was the ESC and they willsend me once they get them in. Then 3 days later a different email from someone else saying it was the motor and they’ll send me a new one. So since I already have an order # for the ESC that’s on back order I figured they would still be sending it to me. But I guess maybe not?

No, I mentioned in my first response to your question about what’s going on, I ended up contacting them via through they’re help center and directly to their email because I didn’t think I sent the first one correctly. So I got one email saying it was the ESC and they willsend me once they get them in. Then 3 days later a different email from someone else saying it was the motor and they’ll send me a new one. So since I already have an order # for the ESC that’s on back order I figured they would still be sending it to me. But I guess maybe not?

I would check with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back