Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

BLX Granite BLX Overheating - Castle Sidewinder ESC

Discussion in 'Granite' started by cordell12, May 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cordell12

cordell12 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    So got my son a Granite BLX, fun little truck when it works. The ESC seems to overheat pretty fast. Running 3s packs (esc rated for 3s) and it goes into thermal protection at 180 degrees. I have no fan, and seen Castle has a fan for this esc but the RPMs are 10k. Was wondering if anyone has rigged a WTF or YeahRacing fan on the esc, or has any idea what we might can do?

Looking for recommendations...Go!

edit...when I say fast, I mean we cant even run a pack through it. I'm talking within 5 minutes it heated.

2. cordell12

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
  3. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

Let us know if the fan makes any difference @cordell12

4. cordell12

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Nero
    I cut down one if them cheap Castle blower fans, zip tied it over the ESC and it helped. This fan I ordered should do the job. Also cut the battery from 45c to a 20c, not sure it that makes a difference though.

5. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Premium Member!
    Premium Member

That changes the strain your putting on the battery, but can also cause the esc to overheat because it can't pull the amps it needs. 20C is pretty low, so keep an eye on pack temps as well. It's surprising how many amps even the smaller 1/10 esc's pull when mashing the throttle.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer