Granite Granite BLX problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuacoCE1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Whats going on guys. I have a few problems with my granite blx.
First its my steering feels loose side to side and i was wondering if any one has the same issue and wht can i do to fix it. Its getting old trimming every few mintues.

Second its my stock 15t pinion the teeth got curled up and looks like a sawblade now. Im running everything stock in the truck. Has any one had this issue and is there a bttr pinion gear i can use? Im still a noob to this and learning. I do run it hard and my only big issues is this pinion problem now.

for the first issue, id track down what is loose with the steering, start at the tire and work your way back to the servo seeing whats causing slop.
have you gone through and made sure all the screws are tight? sometimes from factory not all the screws get all the way tight, and sometimes just from running they work themselves loose. does yours have a steel spur gear or plastic?
i cant say ive seen to many of the arrmas with pinion issues myself. how tight is your slipper clutch adjusted? from what i remember the pinions have long teeth horizontally on these, and that is a good thing because more surface area against the spur teeth.
id probably grab a few extra pinions anyways, good to have spares on hand and get a few in a different size too within a few teeth from stock so you can play around with gearing or if you get different size tires etc.
make sure when getting pinions they are the same pitch first off and they correlate with the holes in your motor mount.

You can do a little upgrading to get your steering in line, and it just so happens that @bicketybam recently posted a video that shows what to do.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...hing-to-bearing-replacement.10185/post-111350
i appreciate that link so much! was looking at the granite the other day and saw that they were bushings there... was curious if it was possible to put bearings in instead.
lol i didn't even have to look because that link!
very, very much appreciated!

First its my steering feels loose side to side

Yup, the entire Mega and 3s BLX line suffers from this, with the larger/heavier wheels on MT's being the most noticeable.

Plastic bushings in the bellcrank vs actual bearings, plastic ball joints vs metal, etc. The bellcrank itself is made from a flimsy plastic IMO. Hot Racing makes all of these parts, and samintrepid has installed all of them on his BRCC :LOL:.

Thanks guys i really appreciate ur comments. I will be checking the steering components and start from there. As far as the pinion gears i got a new robinson racing 15t coming in the mail with some new spurs.

I just went thru the steering on my Granite. Several of the plastic ball ends were binding. If they were binding I would back off a 1/4 turn till it moved free. Also, the screw that held the drag link to the SS was dragging the chassis. I added a some washers to raise the servo, that helped. After all this, my steering moves smooth now, and centers better than ever.

I have found the internal rear diff to be a issue .got about 20 runs on mine and have blew up 2 diffs .going to switch to the metal set that HR makes and hopefully that will solve this issue .car has not held up well in my eyes .have had lots of traxxas and kyosho gas RC and every time I run the arrma there is a issue .will be my last arrma .I like the truck just too much wrenching for 10 min of fun before it broke .they need to beef these up a bit maybe raise the cost a tad but make it more durable .I have a granite v3 bLX. Just no comparison to the traxxas brushless trucks .very weak desighn .and plastic gears are a definite problem.&

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back