Granite BLX Proline Silverado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blail

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My son is 8 and this was his birthday present. He wanted a new body since his was eat up to the point most of it was missing. This is how it turned out, it’s my first one. I bought a Kraton today for me and it’s already torn apart down to the frame. I broke the bumper and a knuckle on its second run. I’m going to rebuild it with upgrades, change gearing, fluid weights and shim the diffs and whatever else I can find on this site. It was fun while it lasted. He is rough on his granite and it hasn’t had one issue.

Attachments

• D21C2669-35AD-4268-8570-11BF212482C6.jpeg
    D21C2669-35AD-4268-8570-11BF212482C6.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 45808C9A-6C6D-4FDB-87FF-066C12675427.jpeg
    45808C9A-6C6D-4FDB-87FF-066C12675427.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 87
My son is 8 and this was his birthday present. He wanted a new body since his was eat up to the point most of it was missing. This is how it turned out, it’s my first one. I bought a Kraton today for me and it’s already torn apart down to the frame. I broke the bumper and a knuckle on its second run. I’m going to rebuild it with upgrades, change gearing, fluid weights and shim the diffs and whatever else I can find on this site. It was fun while it lasted. He is rough on his granite and it hasn’t had one issue.

Love me some Silverado.
20200522_200104.jpg

If you want that body to last a little longer, reinforce it.
Easiest option is Gorilla tape and it works pretty good.

Best option is Shoe Goo, then drywall tape, let it dry then spray it with rubberized undercoating.
https://www.rctech.net/forum/painti...tection-bashers-long-article-many-photos.html

Love me some Silverado.
View attachment 87846

If you want that body to last a little longer, reinforce it.
Easiest option is Gorilla tape and it works pretty good.

Best option is Shoe Goo, then drywall tape, let it dry then spray it with rubberized undercoating.
https://www.rctech.net/forum/painti...tection-bashers-long-article-many-photos.html
I got all the materials to reinforce it. My son and I will do that this weekend. I let him do most of the repairs/mods and walk him through it/help as needed.
thanks for the tip

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back