Granite Granite BLX - Rear tires not turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ooomikeyooo

Reaction score
Was running my BLX on dirt not jumping it and not beating at all and it just stopped working. Engine revs up when you engage trigger. When the rear wheels are spun manually the main driveshaft does not spin. It does when you spin front wheels manually. Have not opened it up yet as I was trying to get some ideas of what it could be. I have less than 2 hours trigger time on this thing and I am not beating it at all.

Was running my BLX on dirt not jumping it and not beating at all and it just stopped working. Engine revs up when you engage trigger. When the rear wheels are spun manually the main driveshaft does not spin. It does when you spin front wheels manually. Have not opened it up yet as I was trying to get some ideas of what it could be. I have less than 2 hours trigger time on this thing and I am not beating it at all.
Open up the differential, it might’ve gotten stripped out.
If you see that the input gear is stripped, upgrade it to the Arrma steel version. AR310886

Last edited:
2 hours run time is 8 packs use conservatively. Your rig is NOT new anymore.
Reguar maintenance is indicative of this. No matter if you beat hard on it or what you say is gentle. Stuff wears at some point.
You are at that point. No blaming the rig. Is what it is. Learn wrenching now. We all do.
Metal gears will help like @pug said. Metal yokes also.

Have you run your car for near two hours and never opened it up? Like they said before, check your differential. You really need to check everything in and out if this is true. Probably stripped out your input gear or ring gear or both.

Honestly nobody drives RC cars just easy (except my wife and I still maintain the hell out of her car). If you have one of these things you rip them and that’s hard on the cars. They need maintenance. Otherwise when they break they break big. There’s tons of YouTube videos and information on this forum so research, get the correct tools and go at it. Ask questions, people here will answer, especially when they see you seriously trying.

2 hours run time is 8 packs use conservatively. Your rig is NOT new anymore.
Reguar maintenance is indicative of this. No matter if you beat hard on it or what you say is gentle. Stuff wears at some point.
You are at that point. No blaming the rig. Is what it is. Learn wrenching now. We all do.
Metal gears will help like @pug said. Metal yokes also.
But if you get the metal input you'll have to get the metal crown and composite case . But well worth it have them on my bigrock and senton . I kept stripping input gears and grew tired of replacing so often. Good to open them.up soon after getting to check fluids as well and learn how and what to do early on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back