Granite BLX Slipper Clutch Assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Jazz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I got the newly released Aarma maintenance kit, and it comes with a spring and a little plastic threaded insert. I took apart my factory one to do a rebuild, and neither of the 2 items mentioned were on the original one. Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• 15497705973862566273201934192598.jpg
    15497705973862566273201934192598.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 155
It isn’t on the original but it should have been. They most likely added it because the entire slipper assembly floats from front to back (axially) within the housing. This will prevent it from doing that.

I would ask Arrma for a copy of the revised assembly drawings OR you could probably download the Mega 4x4 assembly drawing and that should give you enough info to figure it out.

That does make sense, but it just doesn't slide in as far with it in. I'll keep it off and go from there.
Thank You

What I said earlier is incorrect. That spring should have been in there from the factory?

I thought they added the spring I am pointing to since you said it wasn’t there when you took it apart.

I really wish they would add this though. It would keep the slipper from moving.

That does make sense, but it just doesn't slide in as far with it in. I'll keep it off and go from there.
Thank You
How did you make out with this? I think I’m having the same problem with the power module not sliding back together far enough.

Did you figure out the problem with the platic threaded piece?? Have instructions for assembly but doesn't show that.. when inside the screw doesn't go far enough since it doesn't slide down all the way.

Did you get the previous spring out? If the screw is not going down all the way, it may be because the old spring is still stuck inside. It tends to do that, you have to dig it out. As for the plastic nut, you can only use it if you also have the new shortened input gear included with the V3 Granite. It won't fit with the V1/V2 input gears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back