Granite Body Protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsavage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Vorteks
Looking for any good ideas for Body protection. Added a Roof skid plate for a good Starting point, Any suggestions on anything else I can add ?!?

603E4AF7-387D-4080-A678-D9E8156B3B8A.jpeg

88A14BCD-F563-4FA2-B730-AC64912FFA1A.jpeg

5DA59670-F3FC-42FB-ADF7-53A59F09BFB0.jpeg

1578D125-C37F-488C-9BB3-961DA5594A85.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! I'd suggest taping the inside with duck or gorilla tape, or doing to shoegoo and drywall tape. Also I'd suggest putting some padding over the front and rear shock towers as they will hit and rub on the body causing it to break or wear in those spots.

Welcome to the forum! I'd suggest taping the inside with duck or gorilla tape, or doing to shoegoo and drywall tape. Also I'd suggest putting some padding over the front and rear shock towers as they will hit and rub on the body causing it to break or wear in those spots.
Clear Gorilla Tape going on Tomorrow... Thanks for the Suggestion on the Padding over the Towers

Alot of folks run a wing. I also have a nose plate on mine. And waiting on my roll hoop.

View attachment 152205
😂 sorry man, not laughing at you but rather me. I first saw the drone and thought “huh, that’s some different kinda wing”… then my mind snapped back to reality.

Lol. Hell when I took the pic I had forgot it was in there. Setting me up a new drone carrier.
Naw it’s great, I’m still chuckling to myself….thoughts of your car going faster because it has an ass. lifter… 🤣 and here I’ve only just cracked my first beer.
Naw it’s great, I’m still chuckling to myself….thoughts of your car going faster because it has an ass. lifter… 🤣 and here I’ve only just cracked my first beer.
Wait…drone carrier? What do you mean?
Looking for any good ideas for Body protection. Added a Roof skid plate for a good Starting point, Any suggestions on anything else I can add ?!?

View attachment 152186

View attachment 152187

View attachment 152188

View attachment 152189
Dude…How did you get the roof protector on so straight? I’ve got three of those for my 2wd Volteges and my first attempt sucked.
Alot of folks run a wing. I also have a nose plate on mine. And waiting on my roll hoop.

View attachment 152205
Did you get those that front protector and roof rails off of Amazon? I just ordered a set and wondering how they hold up before getting another set or two. They are pricey from what I finding.

Wait…drone carrier? What do you mean?

Dude…How did you get the roof protector on so straight? I’ve got three of those for my 2wd Volteges and my first attempt sucked.

Did you get those that front protector and roof rails off of Amazon? I just ordered a set and wondering how they hold up before getting another set or two. They are pricey from what I finding.
I wish it would pick the truck up whenever it realizes I'm about to do something stupid. 😂

I think it was ebay. 12$. U may can find someone on the forum that prints also. Yeah just picked it up from its top a few times in the last hour. Make sure I put them a bit farther forward than I. If sliding the wrong way front corner still rubs a bit. They were a little raw looking (not smooth) I just sanded them down a bit and voila or violin or whatever. Abra kadabra

16237934301603080714622376742375.jpg

Yeah next time I’ll hit up lovestriken. The ones off eBay seem very brittle. And cost 16+postage ugh. Now I need orange though…for my wife’s car. So am searching.

maybe one across the roof front? Or a couple separate little things like I got on my voltage ARRMA Bodypost Protection Set (8), ARA480017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VGNPKW...abc_DP83M30GDVFWA9T7JJKW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 152317
Wish i woulda went with those. Now I think about it it was 16 or 17$. I had an eBay coupon. That's y I got these. I do like the silver cause it's kinda metallic looking even up close

Definitely protect the tail. The Granite back end gets torn up badly. The Arrma Bodypost Protection Set is an easy option. I use a modified Traxxas Maxx tailguard (first picture), but you'll tools to cut out the middle and sand out the posts. I've also used heat moldable plastic (second picture). Some people add a wing, but I think that's just adding a part that's going to break. An inexpensive tail guard lasts longer.

1b.jpeg

IMG_0427 (1).jpg

Definitely protect the tail. The Granite back end gets torn up badly. The Arrma Bodypost Protection Set is an easy option. I use a modified Traxxas Maxx tailguard (first picture), but you'll need a dremel tool to cut out the middle and dremel out the posts. I've also used heat moldable plastic (second picture). Some people add a wing, but I think that's just adding a part that's going to break. An inexpensive tail guard lasts longer.

View attachment 152349

View attachment 152350
I ordered the Tailgate Guard for the Traxxas Hoss figured it would take less modifications to make it work. I’m happy with my Roof Mods I’ve done so far… The Tailgate Guard is the same color as the roof thingy so it should look good

Definitely protect the tail. The Granite back end gets torn up badly. The Arrma Bodypost Protection Set is an easy option. I use a modified Traxxas Maxx tailguard (first picture), but you'll tools to cut out the middle and sand out the posts. I've also used heat moldable plastic (second picture). Some people add a wing, but I think that's just adding a part that's going to break. An inexpensive tail guard lasts longer.

View attachment 152349

View attachment 152350
I use the traxas tail guard also and on the next one I do I’m gonna use your idea On sanding out the posts. Yours fits way better then mine does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back