Granite body replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wibe

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi
I am pretty new to this. I own a Granite BLS and is looking to do some modifications. I am after another body any wonder if you guys could give me some options that fits the Granite?

You are probably best off to search the BODY forum for the word Granite. but this one fits. - -Protoform Camaro ZL-1 body

3255-00.jpg

I like this one, from the link in the previous post.

Hi good evening po. I recently purchased a proline 1/10 comancho body. I thought to have a body to be customized for my granite mega. However the one I purchased was for a crawler. Do you have any tips how to fit the body to my granite? Attached is the link to the actual proline body for your reference. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ces'tLaVie

Hi good evening po. I recently purchased a proline 1/10 comancho body. I thought to have a body to be customized for my granite mega. However the one I purchased was for a crawler. Do you have any tips how to fit the body to my granite? Attached is the link to the actual proline body for your reference. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ces'tLaVie
https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/jeep-comanche-full-bed-clear-body-one-piece/

Hi there. May I ask for tips regarding repainting an old PVC body shell? Many thanks!

Regards,
Ces'tLaVie

The V3 body is taller than the V2. The body mount holes line up perfectly and it will fit, but you either have to trim the body, or get the taller V3 body posts.

Proline 1/10 monster truck bodies include both Stampede and Granite models:
https://www.prolineracing.com/pro-line/bodies/?cgid=pro-line-cars-trucks-parts-electronics-accessories-bodies&prefn1=scale&prefv1=1/10&prefn2=vehicleType&prefv2=Monster+Truck&srule=best-matches&sz=24

Stampede bodies are the right length and width for a Granite. But some of them have rear body mount areas specifically for the Stampede. These can interfere with the Granite's body pins. I only have experience with the F-100 body. It's a tight fit to make the body pins work. I switched to 4s body posts in order to make it work better (see photo).

Any of the bodies listed as Granite compatible should fit. FYI, the Jeep Gladiator body is listed as Granite compatible, but in Proline's video I noticed the body extends past the rear bumper, which is no good in my opinion. That rear is going to get trashed in no time if it takes impact before the bumper.

IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:
I had this body mounted this low with the stock V2 body mounts and now with the 4s body mounts in the rear.

I will say, this body is VERY fragile.

Screenshot_20220220-152433_Gallery.jpg

I will say, this body is VERY fragile.
Looks great. Love that color.

Yes, it is VERY fragile, but I love the look. The one in the photo is my 4th F-100 body. The first one got cracked up in no time. But at this point I've learned the weak points and I'm willing to spend time to reinforce it. I'm still using the 3rd body and it's lasted well. It has 5 layers of reinforcement in some areas. This latest one will remain a shelf queen for awhile, and has some further improvements (shoe goo instead of E6000), so I think it should last even longer.

Last edited:
Which body is that?
It's a Proline 1966 Ford F-100. I really don't recommend it unless you're willing to reinforce it with multiple layers of shoe goo/drywall. (I use cement board tape, it's stronger than drywall). I have 3 layers over the whole body. The weak points have 2 extra layers for a total of 5. The main weak point is on the sides, behind the doors, where the cab meets the bed. As with all bodies, over the wheels is also a weak point.

It's a Proline 1966 Ford F-100. I really don't recommend it unless you're willing to reinforce it with multiple layers of shoe goo/drywall. (I use cement board tape, it's stronger than drywall). I have 3 layers over the whole body. The weak points have 2 extra layers for a total of 5. The main weak point is on the sides, behind the doors, where the cab meets the bed. As with all bodies, over the wheels is also a weak point.
Oh trust me, I read all of your post and the reason I wanted to know is so that I don’t get that one lol. I appreciate information like this so thank you for posting. I make enough purchasing mistakes on my own.

I believe you’ve commented on cement board tape before. Is it pliable? Does it soak up the shoo goo like drywall fiber tape does does? I was about to get some but then I was thinking it was not…what I had just mentioned.

Cement board tape is much harder to rip apart than drywall tape. It's very pliable, more like fabric versus drywall which is more plastic. It probably soaks up the shoe goo better as well. Finally, the adhesive is better. If you've used drywall before you know it can slide around when you apply shoe goo over it. The cement board tape stays in place. I prefer it to drywall tape in every way.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZJ056G/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_G00Y0NTN1ZGQ3RK5CDW9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Cement board tape is much harder to rip apart than drywall tape. It probably soaks up the shoe goo better as well. Finally, the adhesive is better. If you've used drywall before you know it can slide around when you apply shoe goo over it. The cement board tape stays in place.
Ok, I should not have hesitated. Live and learn lol. i’ll pick some up for the next one. Thanks man!

Hey Velo is your jeep body you have on the wife's big rock? Or 1 of the swb?
It’s still boxed. I need to cut and paint it still. Got 1 in front if it then I’ll get started. It’s a swb, perfect granite/vorteks fit.
I bought a new Mega body, like the color, plug and play.
View attachment 201830View attachment 201831View attachment 201832
That body looks so nice new and I loved it…as opposed to the beat to crap multi repaired thing I’ve left now.

It’s still boxed. I need to cut and paint it still. Got 1 in front if it then I’ll get started. It’s a swb, perfect granite/vorteks fit.
Oh ok. I was hoping it was gonna be for the BR. Didnt look as we all been going back and forth. But when ever (soon) my governmental stolen (tax return of course) money gets here I'm in the market for a few things. But atm I'm too damn excited and sick to get a plan together. Upgrade the big rock OR GET A NEW TO ME RIG. May be obvious which id want to do 😜😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back