Granite Granite Brushless Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullfrog1287

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
First off this has been a great resource so far and I have read every page concerning the Granite Mega since I bought mine last week. I did the stupid thing of thinking that I would be satisfied with the brushed version and although it is still fun on 2s i'm already looking for something more. I have read every conversion thread I could find so I can start acquiring what I will need for the swap and just wanted to see if I am on the right track. I am going to stick to 2s, i'm mainly just looking for a little more power and reliability not something that is going to smoke the diffs every outing. My parts list is as follows;

Hobbywing 1/10th Scale MAX SCT 3300kv
HD input gear 17.

Possibly looking at the BLX motor mount assembly but I didn't know if it was really necessary for a mild upgrade? Other than that out of the Losi, Redcat and Traxxas RC's I've had in the past ARRMA is by far my favorite.

I'm in the same boat as you , bought a mega but want more power ? so I went a little radical and send for a MambaX 3800kv , as far as I read on posts maybe I have to upgrade my differentials but I have to wait to complete the upgrade to tell , so as soon as I complete the project ill post it , so good luck with yours and post it to ?

Thanks! I appreciate it. Been shopping around this morning and I may be able to pick up a factory BLX Brushless system, input gear and motor mount for about 87 bucks. I may just have to jump on that!

Hey there here’s I video I watched a while ago about a brushless conversion on Arrma Granite, I asked the guy how has it hold up if any broken parts because of the new motor and esc and he says it’s been more than great, the only parts that has broken are from crashes due to high speeds lol hope this is useful

I took my daughter's brushed granite and pulled the motor and esc swapped in a blx 100 locked down the slipper all the way and soaked it in loctite and 18 months later the only thing her or I have broken is the rear pinion yesterday from learning how to jump with the MadMen of Michigan and Toledo.
My theory was and is, do the swap and upgrade as it breaks.
It just never broke.

Last edited:
That's great news I've come across a decent set up on ebay a 3800kv tazer motor and a new blx esc. I can get all of that plus the motor mount and input for about 100 bucks. Pretty hard to pass up right now.

Aluminum motor mount recommended because the plastic one can crack/break with more power in it, it's 6-8 bucks for a full mount system of the non adjustable ones on JRC and I feel is worth it, I actually have many of them preattached to other motor/pinion combos and swap them between trucks taking like 2 minutes, super fast and convenient.

You may want to upgrade the diffs and inputs to the BLX 32p(aka 0.8 mod) gears. The mega 48p diffs/inputs are known to wear out fast on brushless but it might be fine for 2s so if not upgrading straight away I'd do so if/when a diff goes out. You can pick up blx diffs and set of inputs on JRC for around 25 bucks + shipping and the diffs and inputs are all the same for the 4s and 3s brushless models so you can check all of those models on JRC if they are out of stock on them listed under the granite.

I took my daughter's brushed granite and pulled the motor and esc swapped in a blx 100 locked down the slipper all the way and soaked it in loctite and 18 months later the only thing her or I have broken is the rear pinion yesterday from learning how to jump with the MadMen of Michigan and Toledo.
My theory was and is, do the swap and upgrade as it breaks.
It just never broke.
Now we just gotta get those gears right so you can blast off ?

I read somewere that if you stay with 2s batteries it will hold better but if you go with 3s could be a problem because it can raise the rpms like 10k over the 2s

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet ended up getting the blx motor and esc for around $80, got the blx motor mount, hd input, ic3 to ic5 adapter and a new pinion for $120 so i'm pretty satisfied with that.

Run it until something breaks then fix it.

where did you folks end up on these upgrades? I’m in the same boat you were in in the spring. My mega motor is starting to run really hot on 2s and I’m considering a switch to brushless, I don’t mind staying on 2s and maybe 3S if I decide to upgrade more parts later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back