Granite (cheap) shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nietrijker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Normally questionable quality, but this time I was lucky...

image1.JPG

These shocks came from China, less than $6. I tried them and they are perfect... I must say I have changed the oil inside.

btw yes, the body mount on the front is broken. My Vorteks and Granite "kissed each other" on a nice run yesterday... I'm waiting for new parts.

I waited approx 2 weeks. So quite ok. Costs are including shipment (unless you go for fast shipment, but please mind you'll have to pay import duty and VAT then)

Below an image with cap removed and oil drained. On the bottom (at the moving rod I'm holding in the picture) there are 2 tiny rubber seals inside a nice alu case. I'm glad I ordered 4 pcs ;-)

IMG_1957.JPG

I took a chance and ordered a couple sets of the black ones, the fronts are only slightly smaller (9.6x1.6x1.6cm) so I am assuming that is a measuring error, the HSP part number is the same. Will let you know how they turn out, but of late things ordered from China have taken around 7 to 9 weeks.

I waited approx 2 weeks. So quite ok. Costs are including shipment (unless you go for fast shipment, but please mind you'll have to pay import duty and VAT then)

Below an image with cap removed and oil drained. On the bottom (at the moving rod I'm holding in the picture) there are 2 tiny rubber seals inside a nice alu case. I'm glad I ordered 4 pcs ;-)

View attachment 8298

Those rubber seals look like membranes. They are cap shaped, and can compensate the room the rod takes when the shock is compressed!

Thanks for showing!

I'm not sure about the size in the Raider, but my Granite fit perfectly. I guess many cars have the same length shocks, but different strength and different oil types in the shocks to give a different performance. These shocks are quite robust (at least the ones I have received) and with the correct oil (my can does not have a lable anymore... sorry) the usage is fine for my purpose.

I order a lot from this site, but not specifically for the Granite. Some tools, stuff for holidays (flashlights, camping and fishing gear etc)

Oh alright. I know arrma upgrades aren't really out there yet and I'm looking to upgrade my granite a little with some aluminum parts. Any idea where I could possibly find parts for a decent price?

Oh alright. I know arrma upgrades aren't really out there yet and I'm looking to upgrade my granite a little with some aluminum parts. Any idea where I could possibly find parts for a decent price?
STRC has a lot of aluminium upgrade parts for Arrma, I bought some sideframes, shock upgrades, and knuckles for my Granite BLX and they're good quality at a reasonable price.

STRC has a lot of aluminium upgrade parts for Arrma, I bought some sideframes, shock upgrades, and knuckles for my Granite BLX and they're good quality at a reasonable price.

I totally agree!
I wish they were available in Europe. I had to wait for the Arrma front shock braces for more than a month!

I totally agree!
I wish they were available in Europe. I had to wait for the Arrma front shock braces for more than a month!
Yeah, we get our delays up here in Canada too. Great Hobbies is good for Arrma parts and I can order online and pick up at the local bricks & mortar (free shipping), but not so much for STRC parts, so I get those directly from the US. I've bought some from eBay too, but most shipments from the US are 2 to 3 weeks, or you pay exorbitant shipping fees.

Do you have a link for these shocks @Nietrijker?

Hi all, for those in australia - i have just fitted up a pair of HSP shocks. Work bloody awsome and a pretty much a straight swap over.
See part numbers below.

Hsp aluminum adjustable shocks (78-110mm) - part # HSP-760001BLU
HSP 5.8MM REAR HUB carrier pivot balls (work for front and back) - part # HSP-60039

Set up works a treat. For all under $30 aus

Cheers

Here's another shock option. The shocks off a Team Associated Rival will fit on the back of the Granite.

What’s a good shock for the front of the granite 4x4....or is okay to run the same shock on all four corners. I mainly need front, but if running all four the same that would solve my problem .......thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back