Granite Granite Clicking Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossmotorsport

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi Guys

First post, and first ever RC car! I took my new 4x4 Granite BLX out today after waiting for what feels like ages for the rain to stop and grass to dry out. The ground was quite wet though with spray going everywhere.

I’ve cleaned the car and used WD40 to help drive out any moisture. I’ve noticed though that there is a loud clicking noise coming from the prop-shaft when pushing the car forwards and backwards.

Video below, please excuse my 3 year old breathing heavily! Any help really appreciated, first run out so hoping it’s not broken a tooth off or anything quite so soon.

That’s good to hear then, so long as it doesn’t sound unusual. What causes this noise? Thanks for such a quick reply.

That’s good to hear then, so long as it doesn’t sound unusual. What causes this noise? Thanks for such a quick reply.
The magnets in the motor I believe. All my Arrma rigs make this noise tho.

I'd say its the gears ... but as mentioned perfectly normal
That’s possible too. Hard for me to say as if I remove the motor, I’m also removing the pinion. I would have to have a way to install a pinion without a motor. ??‍♂️??

That’s possible too. Hard for me to say as if I remove the motor, I’m also removing the pinion. I would have to have a way to install a pinion without a motor. ??‍♂️??
motor usually doesn't make such a noise at least not the ones I am used to, had motors run with just pinion installed plenty of times as well as the sound vanishes on a helicopter once the umbrella gear or others are sheared off :ROFLMAO:

The noise is from the gears but it's because of the magnets in the rotor as the rotor rotates. It will feel like it skips when the rotor rotates and passes the gap between the magnets in the rotor (like detents).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back