Granite cvd?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Wes

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I keep throwing dogbones a lot right now because my diff outdrives and axel cups are worn.

However i still threw dogbones when they were fairly new.

I was wondering if anyone has found cvds that fit the granite mega?

Hi

Try adding 2 O-rings in the axles and one in the diff out drive to help keep the dog bones in place. That's what I am doing at the moment.

What about the senton... its a 10 scale as well and has cvd I think...gonna look into it

I see this guy just used a stock desc10 61mm cvd for his raider and had to to no mods. Hoping I can find the same...

Attachments

• CIMG7016.jpg
    CIMG7016.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 94
Keep us posted if you choose to try it out and if it does/doesn't work....I have had this mod in the back of my mind judging from the experience that you and others (not myself yet) have had with the bones

I keep looking but i seem to get stuck at the same point witg most these choices... the shafts are long enough and have the correct pin ends. But the axle is to big.

I think c racing makes a 83.5mm shaft cvd with axles small enough... but it doesn't give axle dimensions so i cant be 100 percent sure but they look awful close

Im gonna go to the hobby shop across the street tomorrow and maybe put together somthing with their help and parts and knowledege

If they dobt have anything then i guess im waiting untill i hear how the a.e. conversion goes with wanna the other arrmateers.... however im not too sure all the a.e. shafts fit the all the a.e. axles nor do I want to put on a.e. arms on my arrma.

Another note i think traxxas slash is pretty closely related too...except for the outdrives connection they would sure be a tested true system to install if possible. Seem long enough use simmilar axle just different shafts an connevtions

Gonna try and make some progress... don't wanna have to change a arms out to somthibg else want to keep it stock as possivbe because i just love how tgis thing jumps

Like I said going to the shop in the am and will run a few things by them.

No, not yet i am waitibg on ajadragon to post up about his a.e. conversion. Apperntly the diff fits tge outdrives should work he found some shafts that are an approritae size.... tho i do think you need some different bearing carries. And maybe new a arms(hope not) but im still waiting on the results.... from what others have said and what i hear and seeing is tge a.e. conversion is probably the best option.

If u wanted to cgeck out ajadragons thread in drivetrain labeled cvd conversion possible... it has more

Also sounds possible to start now just waiting to see pic vefore i jump in.. been workinf on a t maxx extended conversion and got it to a roller tonight

No, not yet i am waitibg on ajadragon to post up about his a.e. conversion. Apperntly the diff fits tge outdrives should work he found some shafts that are an approritae size.... tho i do think you need some different bearing carries. And maybe new a arms(hope not) but im still waiting on the results.... from what others have said and what i hear and seeing is tge a.e. conversion is probably the best option.

If u wanted to cgeck out ajadragons thread in drivetrain labeled cvd conversion possible... it has more
Yup I read ajdragons thread as well..... I'm like u said there I dint wanna change my arms would like to keep them the same..... I read some where that the Traxxas part number 3636 bearing carrier works on the granites hear anything of this?

Hi

If we could find a Traxxas diff gear that would fit, we would have the CVD problem licked.

Hi

If we could find a Traxxas diff gear that would fit, we would have the CVD problem licked.
I have Traxxas out drives and diff gears in My granite with a slight modificatio ...tho I don't like the way it runs not sure if the mesh is off or if the gears just aren't right!...so looking for a change there also

What about the senton... its a 10 scale as well and has cvd I think...gonna look into it

Hi

I took a look at those to see if they would work, unfortunately where the axel and dog bone connect is way to big. You also said "c racing makes a 83.5mm shaft cvd" could you post a link, I'll see if I can find more info. on it.

Yup I read ajdragons thread as well..... I'm like u said there I dint wanna change my arms would like to keep them the same..... I read some where that the Traxxas part number 3636 bearing carrier works on the granites hear anything of this?
Hey bud

Yes I heard the Traxxas 3636 will fit. I got the 3636x we will c if it's a good fit or not tonight.
I'm guessing that they will work on both front and rear. But, that's to be determined. I will post pictures of my experience on this thread . Once I get working on it.

A
Hey bud

Yes I heard the Traxxas 3636 will fit. I got the 3636x we will c if it's a good fit or not tonight.
I'm guessing that they will work on both front and rear. But, that's to be determined. I will post pictures of my experience on this thread . Once I get working on it.
Awesome I haven't gotten to run or fix or change anything on my trucks ....... I got this pesky thing called a job that's killing MW right now..... Let me know how they work out!

A

Awesome I haven't gotten to run or fix or change anything on my trucks ....... I got this pesky thing called a job that's killing MW right now..... Let me know how they work out!

Yeah buddy!

I work 6 days a week. And got 2 kids n wife. My hobby time is quite limited. Check out my Granite BLS upgrade series thread . It's all in there.

This is the setup that I have been running for awhile. It's a bunch of different parts but it has been working way better than the stock setup. It does change some of the suspension geometry but I can't notice any difference. I would have to dig up my notes to know exactly what is from what.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 95

Hi

Actually you don't have to replace the swing arms just the axle hubs and then get the CVD's and all of the necessary axle parts, and on top of that you can even get aluminum axle hubs from Team STRC. I was going to replace the swing arms that was before I found out that the SC10 CVA would work with only the axle hubs being swapped out.

Hi

Actually you don't have to replace the swing arms just the axle hubs and then get the CVD's and all of the necessary axle parts, and on top of that you can even get aluminum axle hubs from Team STRC. I was going to replace the swing arms that was before I found out that the SC10 CVA would work with only the axle hubs being swapped out.
Kool....... so what diff are u using?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back