Granite Granite CVDs aftermath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
So I got the new CVD driveshafts by arrma that ran me about $38 from my local hobby shop. I only bought them for the rear because I would always twist those driveshafts out of the U joints. After numerous packs and extremely hard bashing, these shafts hold up amazingly well. I bashed harder than I would have with the regular shafts and I only have ONE complaint... they get a little squeaky which I can live with (better than replacing shafts) but other than that they are gold. Easy to install and are tough. On Ebay another company released some CVDs which im sure someone will try and i will include the link but the ones by arrma so far are awesome! Here is the link for the different brand:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164145512796

So I got the new CVD driveshafts by arrma that ran me about $38 from my local hobby shop. I only bought them for the rear because I would always twist those driveshafts out of the U joints. After numerous packs and extremely hard bashing, these shafts hold up amazingly well. I bashed harder than I would have with the regular shafts and I only have ONE complaint... they get a little squeaky which I can live with (better than replacing shafts) but other than that they are gold. Easy to install and are tough. On Ebay another company released some CVDs which im sure someone will try and i will include the link but the ones by arrma so far are awesome! Here is the link for the different brand:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164145512796
Ah good ol Intejunk......

Well you cleared that up pretty fast?

Well you cleared that up pretty fast?
As for your squeaking problem, clean them up real good with some WD40 then them dry then hit them up with some Teflon wax based bike chain lube.

Thats the kicker, before the install I hit them with some amsoil marine grease and still slightly squeak. As far as im concerned they can moan seductively as long as they don’t break LOL but just wanted to let people know these shafts are a big load off of the driveshaft problem on these things.

Thats the kicker, before the install I hit them with some amsoil marine grease and still slightly squeak. As far as im concerned they can moan seductively as long as they don’t break LOL but just wanted to let people know these shafts are a big load off of the driveshaft problem on these things.
How do those mount to the diff? Can you post some pics of them installed? Real curious here. Debating on getting the official Arrma CVD upgrades, but they are kind of expensive...

They have a set screw that you tighten on the output shaft. Nothing needs to be torn apart diff wise but if you take off your current shafts and look at the output shaft you will notice that there is a recess in it and thats where the set screw goes. Easy as pie and worth every penny. If you go through 2 sets of shafts you already bought the CVDs. Only the rear shafts usually break.

They have a set screw that you tighten on the output shaft. Nothing needs to be torn apart diff wise but if you take off your current shafts and look at the output shaft you will notice that there is a recess in it and thats where the set screw goes. Easy as pie and worth every penny. If you go through 2 sets of shafts you already bought the CVDs. Only the rear shafts usually break.
Nice! They look better than the stock. My front was the one that actually broke. Bad landings and cartwheels...?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back