Granite diff maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rummy12

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Anyone know how often you need to maintain the diffs in the granite 4x4. Also, what is the diff weight? I couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks

The Kraton 8S and Notorious manual state every 20runs or after 5hrs of runtime so I’d guess it’s similar for the Granite.

you can find out the weight if you compare 2 models on the arrma-rc.com website if its not listed anywhere - for the Granite BLX its 10.000cst

Anyone know how often you need to maintain the diffs in the granite 4x4. Also, what is the diff weight? I couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks
Do you have the Mega or the BLX?

The Mega uses grease only and will probably never need maintained. That grease isn’t going anywhere. You would only need to repair damages. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

The BLX has 10K fluid and could probably use a change every 50 packs or so. You can also take one out and change the fluid weight to experiment if you like doing that. I have 100k in mine right now just because I prefer going straight over turning on a dime.

It’s one of those things where you will find some guys do a tear down monthly just because they love to do it. I am the type that will tear it down when I feel it really needs it or if something is wrong. I’m not a sadist that loves working on or cleaning my rigs.

Do you have the Mega or the BLX?

The Mega uses grease only and will probably never need maintained. That grease isn’t going anywhere. You would only need to repair damages. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

The BLX has 10K fluid and could probably use a change every 50 packs or so. You can also take one out and change the fluid weight to experiment if you like doing that. I have 100k in mine right now just because I prefer going straight over turning on a dime.

It’s one of those things where you will find some guys do a tear down monthly just because they love to do it. I am the type that will tear it down when I feel it really needs it or if something is wrong. I’m not a sadist that loves working on or cleaning my rigs.

Question: does this apply to the Typhon 3s BLX as well?

because I've opened my diff box and there's grease in there (what kind of grease is that, if I ever need to clean/replace it?)

Can't understand if the oil of various weights is inside the actual diff or in the diff box, I mean in general.

thanks

Can't understand if the oil of various weights is inside the actual diff or in the diff box, I mean in general.

thanks

actual diff - here from a K8S
1580216187402.png

Question: does this apply to the Typhon 3s BLX as well?

because I've opened my diff box and there's grease in there (what kind of grease is that, if I ever need to clean/replace it?)

thanks
There should be grease on the OUTSIDE of a 3S diff, but 10k fluid INSIDE the diff cup. Hope that clears it up a little. The Mega only have grease inside and out.

As far as what grease, Lucas Red n Tacky seems like a board favorite. I use auto brake grease called Sil-Glide. Really any auto grease should work fine. You could probably even harvest some of the stock grease from the diff cover/shock tower. You only need to coat the teeth. Don’t fill the entire cavity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back