Granite Granite Falcon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Granite2.jpeg
Granite.jpeg

I just finished a new paint job for my quarantine toy. I Got this 3S BLX back in March right before the shortage, after getting a few cheap trucks for my kids and having a blast with them. Since then I've made quite a few changes:

-ebay Big Bore aluminum shocks (right out of the box)
-Spektrum DX5C transmitter and SR215 receiver (right out of the box)
- Fast Eddy sealed bearings
- RPM front A-arms (after snapping one)
-Proline Badlands MX28 (after shredding a stock tire)
-DS3225MG servo
- Aluminum pivot balls set from Hot Racing (after the plastic ones went bad)
- Aluminum front C-hubs and steering blocks (after breaking the stock plastic)
- Kimbrough HD servo saver
- Typhon Wing

I really love this truck...its been a blast. It has taken some serious beatings and surprised me how tough it is. Besides sending it off ramps and general bashing I have a local track that I like to take it around people are always surprised to see a monster truck tearing around the track!

Next on my list of upgrades is....the rear driveshaft that I broke 10 minutes after taking this picture.o_O

Thanks, and you are right it’s the outcast wing...ARAC9617. The wing does such a better job of protecting this truck I feel like it should come stock with it.

Thank you for your service to this wonderful country we live it. Love the paint job, even though I'm a Navy guy myself.
Thanks, and right back atcha. Hopefully we’ll have a football season to watch this year.

So I've been having some problems with the slipper clutch. First too tight and broke a rear outdrive...then stripped a spur. Next couldn't seem to get it tight enough, and couldn't get the truck to wheelie. I saw a suggestion to sand the slipper pads, so I took it apart and sanded them and it seems to have worked great. Truck is behaving like it should again. I used a ton of threadlock and I'm hoping this fix sticks.

I think the next thing for me is I'm going to try some SCT tires on the Granite it at my local track. Just having a hard time finding 12mm hexes these days with all the shortages. Might have to drill the axles out of some Traxxas hexes.

Is the wing a direct fit, or did you have to modify it?
ARAC9617 & ARAC9602. Almost a direct fit...all I had to do was drill a hole in the body mount post. The wing makes the rear body mount about 1/4” higher. I did the same to the front body mount to keep it level. If you look carefully you’ll see my body is a 1/4” higher than normal but I think it looks good. You’ll also need a few screws, nuts, and washers. Check out the outcast exploded views of its wing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back