Granite folks who extended their arms to Typhon or RPM Typhon 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I have read here a lot of Granite 4x4 owns have extended their arms for a wider look. Outside of fighting sizing with the turnbuckles to get them to the right length (PITA for the newbie here).... is the extra length going to be OK on the Granite slider driveshaft?

I haven't read owners saying that they had to change the slider driveshaft with this mod....

The longer side on right has the Typhon RPM 3S arms (work in progress so excuse the mess and incomplete work)
The left side is the OEM side with the Granite sized arms but the slider driveshaft is in more

IMG_20200721_190631.jpg

IMG_20200721_190710.jpg

They use the same driveshafts. Only the axle end is different between 3S trucks and the Typhon.

What turnbuckles are you using? *EDIT - looked them up, looks like GPM. Let us know how they work out.

@suchtragedy

Thx...I am on the same page....hoping it comes it right! :)

I ordered the Typhon turnbuckles....from Amain ARA330542 which is 4x48mm... I was told by a trusted person the turnbuckles are 71mm but unless I got the wrong ones I am not coming close on my turnbuckles.

Found a post from a user here who reported to someone else the Typhon turnbuckles are:

front upper: 82mm
steering: 69m

Hoping that is the same for the upper rear from eye-eye also. At 71mm when I tried it, tires looked all wrong way too short angled all inward at the top...nowhere near 90deg or close to it...

Trying....hope to have some positive results will try again in the morning...I gave up for tonight.

Last edited:
I have read here a lot of Granite 4x4 owns have extended their arms for a wider look. Outside of fighting sizing with the turnbuckles to get them to the right length (PITA for the newbie here).... is the extra length going to be OK on the Granite slider driveshaft?

I haven't read owners saying that they had to change the slider driveshaft with this mod....

The longer side on right has the Typhon RPM 3S arms (work in progress so excuse the mess and incomplete work)
The left side is the OEM side with the Granite sized arms but the slider driveshaft is in more

View attachment 90587

View attachment 90588

Can you provide me with the list of Typhon parts necessary to widen the Granite? Thanks!

Can you provide me with the list of Typhon parts necessary to widen the Granite? Thanks!

@GRC is correct...

Front arms:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-ar...ont-suspension-arm-set-black-rpm80762/p971513

Rear arms:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-ar...ear-suspension-arm-set-black-rpm80842/p976319

Turnbuckles need 6:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-4x48mm-steel-turnbuckle-2-ara330542/p873083?r=0

Measurements I came up with were from eye-eye:

Turnbuckles
front: 82mm (eye-eye center) or from center buckle first thread to rod end is about 8mm for each side
back: 82mm (eye-eye center) or from center buckle first thread to rod end is about 8mm for each side
steering: 69mm (eye-eye center) or from center buckle first thread to rod end is about 6mm for each side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back