Granite from tower hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upangued

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I was looking into taking the plunge into hobby grade rc and wanted to make the granite blx my 1st car. Is the 2013 version at tower hobby was the latest one? I saw a few people saying they had the 2014 version and others saying the 2013 had issues with the differential. Also, there was a truck that was discontinued, so I was assuming it was the old one.

@upangued The Granite Blx is a good choice. Just be ready cuz a 2wd brushless truck is a handful to control. If you like em fast and squirrely you will love the Granite!

@upangued welcome to Arrma Forum!

Model number AR102626 is the most current version of the Arrma Granite BLX which Tower Hobbies has for $359 at the moment.
Thanks for the info. I was actually embarrassed to ask. I emailed them but they never got back to me. Thanks again

@upangued The Granite Blx is a good choice. Just be ready cuz a 2wd brushless truck is a handful to control. If you like em fast and squirrely you will love the Granite!
Yea the videos on YouTube make this truck seem almost like a tank. Can't wait to tear up the open areas near my house.

Just for reference...

You can goto the Arrma website: http://www.arrma-rc.com/

Pick any vehicle from the left side menu. Once on the vehicle page there is a "Vehicle Selector" popup menu that will show both current and discontinued models. (see below) From there you can choose the models you want to see (ie. Current Granite BLX and Discontinued Granite BLX) and the individual product pages will have the item numbers (although they move them around some on the page).

upload_2016-1-15_10-59-7.png

Current granite BLX:
upload_2016-1-15_11-4-30.png

2013 Granite BLX:
upload_2016-1-15_11-6-27.png

Just for reference...

You can goto the Arrma website: http://www.arrma-rc.com/

Pick any vehicle from the left side menu. Once on the vehicle page there is a "Vehicle Selector" popup menu that will show both current and discontinued models. (see below) From there you can choose the models you want to see (ie. Current Granite BLX and Discontinued Granite BLX) and the individual product pages will have the item numbers (although they move them around some on the page).

View attachment 612

Current granite BLX:
View attachment 613

2013 Granite BLX:
View attachment 614
Yea that part I got. The confusion was that at tower hobby both the current and discontinued ones said they were 2013 models. I'm assuming it was a typo. I didn't realize until yesterday that the body of the 2013 and 2014 had a slightly different body pattern. I think it's all straightened out now. Just getting my shipping cart together now.

Thanks for the info. I was actually embarrassed to ask. I emailed them but they never got back to me. Thanks again

No need to be embarrassed to ask at Tower. I always intro myself as a noob, then ask. Usually close my email, asking them what it's like working with a bunch of bid kids. They enjoy the inquiries.

I would ask them to sent some MT tires and a Granite body. Best case they say yes. Worst case they say no and ask you to send the truck back and you can either do so if they want to send you the Granite or tell them never mind and keep the Arrma Vorteks.

I would ask them to sent some MT tires and a Granite body. Best case they say yes. Worst case they say no and ask you to send the truck back and you can either do so if they want to send you the Granite or tell them never mind and keep the Arrma Vorteks.
Great idea!

No need to be embarrassed to ask at Tower. I always intro myself as a noob, then ask. Usually close my email, asking them what it's like working with a bunch of bid kids. They enjoy the inquiries.

Haha yea I usually do make it known I'm a noob cause I'm always asking basic questions. I'm finding it easier in rc since I'm coming across mostly adults. I also play airsoft and that's not always the case

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back