Granite Gear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enfcr25

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Nero
Hi,

I'm new to the RC world and recently bought an Arrma Granite BLX 2016 version. My differential gear and idle gear stripped out. It's only two weeks old!! I want to replace with metal. Can anyone help with what I can purchase to make the swap?

Thanks.

Here is what happened.

Attachments

• 20170219_124756.jpg
    20170219_124756.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 102
Has anyone got confirmation on the HPI?

What do you mean with "HPI"?
You mean their dog bones, or diff?

This topic starts to look like some sort of code nobody seems to understand ;)

HPI has gone out of business. Luckily it has been bought by Ripmaxx. Unfortunately to get this brand back on the market takes time. I have no idea if the Blitz parts, of which the differential and some dogbones might fit, are available again

Their diffs. Can they be installed with arrmas?

I have the same problem and I have replaced the gears 4 times since late December. I ordered the metal gears part number ar310416 for the trany and they are to small. I think we are stuck with a $250 lemon. Looking into replacing the whole trany with the pre 2016 that came with metal gears but still don't know if it fits will let you know.

Here is a picture of the metal gears I ordered so you can see the difference, they are actually smaller. I also found on Tower hobbies a idler gear that says it's for the Arrma granite BLX but it looks different. The original idler has the bearings inside of it and this one has a lip on it so I don't know if it will fit. If you find out anything please let me know. Trying to be helpful.

Attachments

• Gear.jpeg
    Gear.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20170222_132012.jpg
    20170222_132012.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170222_131935.jpg
    20170222_131935.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 45
I will for sure. I emailed arrma to see if the previous 2016 ttransmission will fit. I believe the gear box will fit. Just need to order all the parts. Might be worth the chance. I will let you know if I hear back from Arrma!

Well then, looks like it could be something to do if parts are still available.

I have the same problem and I have replaced the gears 4 times since late December. I ordered the metal gears part number ar310416 for the trany and they are to small. I think we are stuck with a $250 lemon. Looking into replacing the whole trany with the pre 2016 that came with metal gears but still don't know if it fits will let you know.

Here is a picture of the metal gears I ordered so you can see the difference, they are actually smaller. I also found on Tower hobbies a idler gear that says it's for the Arrma granite BLX but it looks different. The original idler has the bearings inside of it and this one has a lip on it so I don't know if it will fit. If you find out anything please let me know. Trying to be helpful.

Out of curiosity how tight do you have your slipper clutch during all those stripped gears? Approx how many full circle turns out from snug did you have the slipper nut?

I am determined in helping the community and i am glad you guys are expressing your problems. Ive already forwarded all these threads and posts to Hobbicos tech support email.

We need a full upgrade process and part numbers to do the metal swap for thse 2016 BLX models. You guys are on the right direction. Thankyou!

I had mine 7 full turns. It would bite pretty quick for sure.

I had mine 7 full turns. It would bite pretty quick for sure.
7 full turns seems ridiculously loose. Maybe you mean 3.5 full clockwise turns out and not half turns? Which would be right about where my friends granite is.

Sorry. Yes trying to respond while at work. Hahahaha. Yeah 7 halfs

Sorry. Yes trying to respond while at work. Hahahaha. Yeah 7 halfs

Copy that. That confirms its not a slipper issue as that is a good point to be at. 4 full turns out i noticed the slipper would slip too much and get extremely hot.

We can just chalk this up to Arrma cutting corners and saving cost by sending out plastic transmission gears on a 60mph 3s "capable" RC. Even the HSPs and Redcat RCs of the world have metal gears in similarly priced RCs. Unacceptable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back