Granite Gear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I would agree. I do hope they take note and come up with a solution. It would be a shame if they don't. In the mean time. I'm gonna grab a parts list for the older transmission and see if that will be a valuable solution.

Yeah I would agree. I do hope they take note and come up with a solution. It would be a shame if they don't. In the mean time. I'm gonna grab a parts list for the older transmission and see if that will be a valuable solution.

They really do and it is a shame because the Granite is the premier 1/10 monster truck. It handles amazingly and blows the stampede out of the water on the track.

I will help contribute to this mega thread with some research of my own. More and more new 2016 owners are going to need a thread like this to turn to.

Completely agree!

But did you read my previous post?

I did bro. Its just that i believe that RCTech Raider is a BLS model and its not a granite. I guess now all we have to do is compile a full parts list. Screws and all.

I did bro. Its just that i believe that RCTech Raider is a BLS model and its not a granite. I guess now all we have to do is compile a full parts list. Screws and all.

The chassis should be the same.
Check out indeed the parts lists inside the manual. All models are in the same manual.
Or did they changed that too?

The chassis should be the same.
Check out indeed the parts lists inside the manual. All models are in the same manual.
Or did they changed that too?
Im sure it will work fine. I would just love to to have it concrete with pictures and a parts list for the Granite 2016 BLX.

Interesting enough ARRMA does make a metal upgrade for the layshaft for the 2016 transmission but NOT the idler gear or main DIFF gear and the idler gear is what almost always shreds first.

Maybe in internal testing they found the layshaft gear stripped on them and whats why they provide it as an upgrade.

http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310762

Bit of a tip when u do your upgrade and install the new alloy motor mount make sure u loxeal the three screws which hold the mount to the gear box. I didnt and one of the screws vibrated loose and jammed against the slipper clutch it took me two burnt out motors b4 i realised mooe expensivo. Also there is a thread which has the parts list for your upgraded diff and bix on this forum just look up granite diff upgrade. Hope works for ya

Also there is a thread which has the parts list for your upgraded diff and bix on this forum just look up granite diff upgrade. Hope works for ya

Does that also apply to 2016 Granite with new gearbox/gear size dimensions?

The parts list includes new diff and box housing so if u reakon arrma said the mounts are the same u should be right might pay to show the arrma boys the list b4 y buy though just incase

Yeah its a granite bls on 2s lipo i got it December 2015. Ive upgraded the shocks to all alloy ones cos i kept popping the caps of the stock ones i like to jump big. I put in the heavier arrma servo i think its 7 kg and a hobbywing35A-SL esc and motor which i just cooked so now its out of commission lucky i have the nero to keep me bashing.

So I just got my granite blx and 20 min later my diff looks like the first post. My ? Is will the above parts list fix this put down of a diff. This should be covered under warranty but if it's the same plastic why do it

So I just got my granite blx and 20 min later my diff looks like the first post. My ? Is will the above parts list fix this put down of a diff. This should be covered under warranty but if it's the same plastic why do it
don't know the more i think about it since doing the diff upgrade ive cooked two esc and motors and now the diff or slipper is is letting go and im not getting ne power to the wheels motor is spinning but no go. I am sad to say but i think that the mighty granite is going to have to be shelved. Save my pennys for a kraton.

No.no.no that's something I didn't want to read. Doing up grade to I'll be ok with buying a bigger and better esc and motor as long as it keeps running. Go big or go home. Really should have gotten a axial rock racer or crawler

No.no.no that's something I didn't want to read. Doing up grade to I'll be ok with buying a bigger and better esc and motor as long as it keeps running. Go big or go home. Really should have gotten a axial rock racer or crawler
Ha ha yeah just puit in a noce hobbywing combo b4 the diff/slipper let go will keep trying to get it dialled in but if new slipper pads don't do the trick im goving up

Ha ha yeah just puit in a noce hobbywing combo b4 the diff/slipper let go will keep trying to get it dialled in but if new slipper pads don't do the trick im goving up

Attachments

• 20170317_160218.jpg
    20170317_160218.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 43
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back