Granite Info (brushed/brushless)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleybb50

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I had a Stampede that I turned into a monster slash, and then a monster buggy with big motors... But I miss the old Stampede size and am frankly too lazy to convert back.. Lol. And I'm done either Traxxas and just want to sell that one now...

I still have a lot of 1/10 tires and wheels, so I might as well use. And heck, I have the old Stampede motor, and an upgraded 3100 kv motor, and EZ Run ESC and all that...

So question is.... The brushed Granite... Are there significant parts improved over the Brushless? Because I have enough dang parts and electronics to just swap out the brushed stuff... But if the brushed vehicle can't handle brushless power, that's another story...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I had a Stampede that I turned into a monster slash, and then a monster buggy with big motors... But I miss the old Stampede size and am frankly too lazy to convert back.. Lol. And I'm done either Traxxas and just want to sell that one now...

I still have a lot of 1/10 tires and wheels, so I might as well use. And heck, I have the old Stampede motor, and an upgraded 3100 kv motor, and EZ Run ESC and all that...

So question is.... The brushed Granite... Are there significant parts improved over the Brushless? Because I have enough dang parts and electronics to just swap out the brushed stuff... But if the brushed vehicle can't handle brushless power, that's another story...

Thoughts?

It all depends what build of Granite you have.

The 2011 & 2013 so called models came with brushless ready drive-line (metal gears)
As of the 2015 models the MEGA and BLS models are not equipped with metal gears anymore, as well as no aluminium motor plate.
If that is your build, I would suggest to upgrade the motor plate and gears/diff to the BLX metal versions.

If you have an older version, no worries and install and bash it!
My only two suggestions would then be:
  1. install some Traxxas aluminum hexes at the back. The MEGA plastics ones will not last long on brushless power!
  2. Check after each drive the correct operation of the differential. It is not flawless, but can be repaired to make it virtually unbreakable

It all depends what build of Granite you have.

The 2011 & 2013 so called models came with brushless ready drive-line (metal gears)
As of the 2015 models the MEGA and BLS models are not equipped with metal gears anymore, as well as no aluminium motor plate.
If that is your build, I would suggest to upgrade the motor plate and gears/diff to the BLX metal versions.

If you have an older version, no worries and install and bash it!
My only two suggestions would then be:
  1. install some Traxxas aluminum hexes at the back. The MEGA plastics ones will not last long on brushless power!
  2. Check after each drive the correct operation of the differential. It is not flawless, but can be repaired to make it virtually unbreakable
Thanks for the advice! I guess I should put on my big boy pants and just spend the time to convert my Slash 4x4 LCG back to a HCG, or the Stampede chassis again. Lol. Instead of dropping the cash...

Good to know though. :) thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back