Granite Granite issues- Good News, Bad News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to build a racing 2" drone. FPV ready. Then Goggles down the road once I learn it.

I'd advise going straight for goggles, or get a decent transmitter and learn on a simulator then go fpv. Flying line of sight is very different from fpv and you'll learn different stuff, then find fpv harder to get into. Ask me how I know! If your goal is fpv just go straight into fpv. Or use the sim setup to try and learn before spending on goggles.

I have facination with flying planes heli's, and drones also. I have a couple of of small drones and a couple of bigger drones with cameras just to fly around and learn. I have about 5 little small indoor drones and Jetpack Commander (which I love, mainly because they are indestructable and easy to fly) just to learn, and get use to it... I keep a few of them in my office and fly in our conference rooms. I got my 70 year old bookkeeper flying them. Every hour of so we take them in the conference room and have a flying demolition derby with them. We fly and flip and try to knock each other out of the air. It is a great way to break up the monotny in our office. My bookkeeper giggles like a schoolgirl and is dangerous and goes for the kill. Ha ha.
I bought about 6 or 7 of the small "blade heli's to learn the controls and such... i had the patience for it but my wife did not.. After crashing a few, not being able to fix them because they are soooo small, and putting a few in our neighbors tree that never came down, my wife finally said "no more". Lol. I have like 5 controllers and not 1 heli that works.
What is a good SIM to learn heli's and planes? I want to learn to fly planes but worried about the crash factor and cost of crashing. I have thoughr about getting the Rf9 program. Is that good and helpful? If so can jr be downloaded orndo you have to have a CD-ROM?

I don't know about planes but for quads I have Velocidrone and Lift Off and an x-lite controller.
I've ended up with 2 65mm 1s quads, a 75mm and a 3".
Then a rock crawler for my son and now a Big Rock!

So I have an update on my Granite...
I got it home and didn't run it, even though it had a new BLX motor, new spur gear, and a new motor mount. I was just waiting on the new RPM arms. Well they got here and I did come wrenching and wanted to take it out for a spin. Went out in the street in front of my house and did a couple of passes on 50%, and 2 passes at 100%. When I stopped after the last pass, I hit the trigger to bring it back to me and it just sat there. I walked over too it and hit the gas again and just heard whining, no moving.
I took it back to the Hobby shop and the guy immediately said its a bad BLX motor. I told him you guys just sold me that motor last week and it didn't last 5 minutes. He said it was a bad batch of motors the company is having problems with the 3S models, and they will fix it.
So I bought the Typhon to run while the Granite needed work. The motor on the Typhon blew, I got the Granite running again and that motor blew. Now I have both rigs sitting in a hobby shop waiting for a shipment of motors from Arrma.
I even thought while I was walking around the hobby shop of buying a Mojave 6S, but with the way my luck is going lately I decided that would be a bad idea....

Damn! What the hell are you doin to keep killing these motors. If I counted right, you went thru 4 motors in 2 different cars in a very short time. I know there might have been a bad batch of motors, but I've never heard of this happening this bad before to anyone. Maybe it's not the motors problem. Maybe it's user error. I could be totally wrong, and if I am, I'm very sorry. Just seems strange. Just sayin.....

Damn! What the hell are you doin to keep killing these motors. If I counted right, you went thru 4 motors in 2 different cars in a very short time. I know there might have been a bad batch of motors, but I've never heard of this happening this bad before to anyone. Maybe it's not the motors problem. Maybe it's user error. I could be totally wrong, and if I am, I'm very sorry. Just seems strange. Just sayin.....
HA ha. I will be the first to admit my faults when it comes to wrecking my RC's. I have a constant flow for parts and things from Amazon and Jenny's to my office. My staff laugh because I get them sent here instead of my house so I can hide how much I am actually spending on the RC's from my wife.
But I have talked to 2 different Hobby Shops about the engines (both the Spectrum and BLX) and they have both told me that they are having problems with those stock motors. The guy in West Palm Beach told me that they are bogged down with all of the warranty work they are doing on 3s stock motors. They ran out and waiting for Arrma to get them another shipment to finish all of the warranty work. He said he has never seen anything like it. He said he has heard that it is only happening in the South East. Again I don't know if Arrma got some bad bearings for their stock motors, but its definitely not just mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back