Granite Granite LVC problem/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuraipinguin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello,

I have an older Granite rear wheel drive. Basically the ESC blinks blue after driving full throttle for like 3 seconds and drives very slowly back to me, which according to the manual is the LVC. If I turn off and back on it does the same exact thing. However, if I pick it up in my hand and go full throttle it doesn't blink blue. It just keeps going all out. I have 2 batteries and the car does the same thing with both of the batteries being fully charged for around 1 day. I have also checked the voltage with a multimeter and it says 8 volts (fully charged is 8.4V according to the battery). Around 8 months or more ago my steering servo went out, which I just recently got around to replacing. It has basically sat in my garage that whole time. The last time I took it out 8 months ago it got up to speed fine. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dumb question - are we talking about NiMH batteries or LiPo? Is your ESC jumper set to match your battery type?
They are NiMH. And IDK about the jumper. It was running fine 8 months ago and I haven't touched anything except replacing the servo.

Battery may have gone bad. They are dirt cheap and worth giving it a try

I don't know much about the 2wd Granite, but I would recommend looking at upgrading to LiPo batteries. They're a little more finicky that NiMH, but once you learn the ropes the extra power is worth it.

I kind of suspect its the batteries, but its weird that both batteries overall voltage is good when tested with multimeter and when either of them are in the car they it does the exact same thing...
Also any suggestions on a budget LiPo battery and charger?

I think there's a sticky thread on everyone's recommendations...

If you're really going cost effective (which I've done), I use DXF batteries from Amazon. Lowest cost multi-chemistry charger is probably the Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini.

Do a quick test of the batteries while they are under load. put them in the truck, put your probes into the back side of the battery connector and watch the voltage as you throttle up the car. a little drop is normal, but if its dropping enough to trigger LVC then your batteries need some attention.

They batteries may be showing a phantom charge. voltage will look good but there's not enough actual charge to supply decent current. you can try discharging the batteries and re-charging them. sometimes they come back, sometimes they are screwed.

Do a quick test of the batteries while they are under load. put them in the truck, put your probes into the back side of the battery connector and watch the voltage as you throttle up the car. a little drop is normal, but if its dropping enough to trigger LVC then your batteries need some attention.

They batteries may be showing a phantom charge. voltage will look good but there's not enough actual charge to supply decent current. you can try discharging the batteries and re-charging them. sometimes they come back, sometimes they are screwed.
Awesome thanks for all the suggestions!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back