Granite making a little noise!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunchBox

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a older granit BLs...... It makes a little noise when I try to start going if I start slow it ok but if I try to gun it and go hard it makes a noise. I looked at the spur gear and tried to tighten the slipper pad and other suggestions is greatly appreciated!

My Granite BLS does this as well... it's probably just cogging from the two pole sensorless motor at slow speeds. Nothing to worry about. It's annoying at times... but the annoyance causes me to just slam the throttle... and that cures the cogging as well.

My Granite BLS does this as well... it's probably just cogging from the two pole sensorless motor at slow speeds. Nothing to worry about. It's annoying at times... but the annoyance causes me to just slam the throttle... and that cures the cogging as well.
U have it a little backwards..... it doesn't do it when Goin slow.... only when I hammer the throttle it does it!

Maybe your battery c rating is too low if its 20c or under the motor isnt getting enough juice.
Probavly gear meshing tho. Ill think about it and see if i have another idea

Nope I definetly think it a differential problem. Clutch and mesh look good the only other thing I can think of. I di buy it second hand so there is no telling. I'll bring it to the local hobby shop and see what they ahve to say about it!...... The help guys!

Is there anything I should know b4 I tear into the diff..... and how about gears should I change any to a better gear..... I am a newbie so anything will help.....that's the motor I'm running and a stock esc on an older model Granite BLX

Attachments

• 20151024_192937.jpg
    20151024_192937.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 14457333440261914923375.jpg
    14457333440261914923375.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 42
@Darren Wes @WoodiE @Unusual RC.... got it all out and open only o e gear looks messed up... should I replace Tham all....and does any one have suggestions on oil weight... I read a few things on one of the threads but can't find it again...thnx in advace....

Attachments

• 20151025_131908.jpg
    20151025_131908.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20151025_131908.jpg
    20151025_131908.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20151025_131848.jpg
    20151025_131848.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 49
My noob side says replace them all because u probably have a warrenty

My experienced side knows it would probably fix your issue just replacing the one

Ultimatly how long do you wanna wait for free replacment vs. Possibly going to the lhs and picking it up.

don't forget to clean all those gears before it goes back in

I believe stock is 50,000wt i would get 100,000wt and start there.

What's up! @LunchBox did you check all the bearings before you going replacing the hole tranny, and personally that oil diff thing I use regular grease for bearings and if the car or truck is trowing to the side to much I lock the diff so it will run much straighter believe me! The oil diff it's for advertising which is the better diff brand use lucas if u check some come with it.

What's up! @LunchBox did you check all the bearings before you going replacing the hole tranny, and personally that oil diff thing I use regular grease for bearings and if the car or truck is trowing to the side to much I lock the diff so it will run much straighter believe me! The oil diff it's for advertising which is the better diff brand use lucas if u check some come with it.
Yeh man the truck at that point was even moving anymore. I got that all fixed I had an out dated tranny and diff all updated and running awesome for about 2 months now! Thnx for the reply tho!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back