Granite Mayhem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update... I put my truck together and sat it on the shelf because I put so much time and money into it and I was scared something else would break if I ran it again. so fast forward almost 10 months, I decided I either need to drive the thing or sell it. Took it over to a deserted road and started whipping some doughnuts and ripping some wheelies. hit a rock or something and broke bothe right lower control arms and ripped a shock out of the front left control arm.

So since its been a long time since looking for parts, I see there is a lot of aftermarket stuff out thier for these now. Im going to spend the next few weeks looking into doing a lot of metal reinforcments, better shocks, bumpers, skid plates, wheely bars, and a couple of bodies.

I have a set of proline street fighter mt tires mounted on some proline beadlock wheels that will go on later in the rebuild.

(I'll post pictures of the carnage tomorrow, Im still to upset to look at it)

Here are the pictures I promiced.... err I hope
I have 1 shock that isn' t leaking, the frony skid plate is broken, front bumper broken, one brocken control arm, stock wheels are cracked and tires sepperating, and the cv shafts are wearing out.

The CV shaft is my biggest issue, I have new gears to install in the front and rear diff, but I can't get the cv shafts off. I tried heat to remove the screws, but screws are now stripped. looks like I am going to need new diff housings and bearings along with the new shafts.

Going to research new shocks, and while at it, thinking of new shock mount brace.

Front skid plate, does any one make an aluminum skid plate for these that also houses the hinge pins?

Front bumper, T-Bone still the go to bumper? Or is there a better option now.

Rear bumper/wheely bar tbone again unless some one can chime in with something better.

Also need new body mou t posts, thinking of getting magnetic posts.

Lastly, Body.... still undecided, im thinking another stock red body, then somethin alittle different, like a jc concepts 50's ford panel wagon.

Attachments

• 20191105_130645.jpg
    20191105_130645.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20191105_130725.jpg
    20191105_130725.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 49
  • 20191105_130806.jpg
    20191105_130806.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20191105_131015.jpg
    20191105_131015.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20191105_130955.jpg
    20191105_130955.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Whats the advantage of running a 4s slipper?

Any ideas on my upgrades?

In my first post, I mentioned the servo saver hitting at full clock... It only effected my right hand turn. I fixed this by moddifing the servo saver... I think pictures can describe what I did better than I can. It took all of 5 minutes.
View attachment 25324View attachment 25325View attachment 25329View attachment 25330
This is the incorrect servo saver for this truck, which is why you had to grind on it. Does this servo saver also use the splined adapter in between the servo saver and servo?

Yes it does have an adapter, and its identical in size to the Kimbrough one you guys link to. I just didnt grind it all the way like you guys do, and I didnt have to space it. It hasnt failed me, probably the only upgrade I did that actually worked worth a damn.

Yes it does have an adapter, and its identical in size to the Kimbrough one you guys link to. I just didnt grind it all the way like you guys do, and I didnt have to space it. It hasnt failed me, probably the only upgrade I did that actually worked worth a damn.

Good to hear that it works well. I recall a Kimbrough servo saver that didnt have such a large,multiple hole wing on it. Regardless, it works well and that is what matters!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back