Granite Mayhem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim69782003

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
I have a Mega 4x4 Granite WIP. I will be using this place to document the evolution of a stock Granite to a slicked out custom stunt truck...we I hope... If not... It will just be a bad @$$ Granite.

First off I was very frustrated with the stock servo saver. I could not get the darn thing to keep from sticking right or left. After much research I decided to give Hot Racing a try. I ordered SHS88H heavy sure black aluminum servo saver. I am still in the testing faze before I call this a good solid swap... I do however know I am going to have to make a slight modification to it... I can't seem to find the sweet spot between the servo gear teeth, the ss adapter, and the ss itself where the steering doesn't bind at full lock. Easy peasy fix though... I just need to grind off a corner of the ss and it will work just fine.

Next up on my plans is to get metal turnbuckles with metal ends to eliminate the steering slop and add some adjustability to the camber and toe.

Also need a set of T-Bone bumpers... Destroyed my front bumper and skid plate at the sk8 park last weekend.
1544400834186182645787.jpg

Attachments

• 1544400908325362087899.jpg
    1544400908325362087899.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1544400956978969047604.jpg
    1544400956978969047604.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 47
Nothing yet... Still looking for turnbuckles. I have a style in mind but can't seam to find them atm. In the mean time pulling the plunge for TBone bumpers and fast eddy bearings this week end.

In my first post, I mentioned the servo saver hitting at full clock... It only effected my right hand turn. I fixed this by moddifing the servo saver... I think pictures can describe what I did better than I can. It took all of 5 minutes.
servo saver binding on receiver box.jpg
servo saver off of servo before mod.jpg
servo saver after mod 1.jpg
servo saver after mod installed.jpg

Attachments

• 20181214_221244.jpg
    20181214_221244.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 35
Well Turnbuckle on hold still have a few other minor/major problems to address... Minor problem broke a shock shaft so had to rebuild my front shocks... Yay... Then I got a weird sound in my driveline Wich turned out to be a bad slipper bearing... Got that fixed only to have my motor leak out the smoke.

Here is my repair parts list from last week end to get me up and running for my Christmas Bash with my son.

Shocks
AR33047 Shock shaft and spring perch set (1 front 1 rear)
AR330459 Shock Springs Front 2.76" 3.48 lb/in
AR330515 Composite Pivot Ball Set (all pivot balls)
30wt shock oil

Bumper
AR 320401 MT skid plate set (front/rear)
AR320402 MT Bumper Set (front/rear)

Now onto the new issues... I was going to just get new stock replacement bearings for the power module, but because the motor is getting extremely warm with in only a couple of seconds of running I think I'm going to use the down time to put a set of Fast Eddy Bearings in.
The debate I'm having inside my head is weather to save money for now and stay with a brushed motor (just spent $100 on a BL system for my son's Amp), so I can get my wife an Outcast. Or put off her Outcast, take the brushless plunge, and go 3s (with new motor, ESC, lipo batteries, and a new charger).

I also noticed that the clear bodies have come down almost 50% in price this weekend. Thinking its time to pick up a new body for me to paint.

I was installing my Fast Eddy Bearings today when I noticed I have two small 8 x 5 x 2.5 mm bearings. I have no clue where they would go. Can some one help me out here.

I was installing my Fast Eddy Bearings today when I noticed I have two small 8 x 5 x 2.5 mm bearings. I have no clue where they would go. Can some one help me out here.

The really small ones go inside the diffs.

Oh all the way inside the diff... Thanks blonde moment here lol...

Yup I see it now in the parts manual... I can't get the screws out of the outdrives. I broke one of my snap on head keys and stripped the screw heads. :( bummer... I'm thinking of just getting new diffs with HR Diff Carriers. Is any one making steel diff outer ring gears for the BLX or MEGAS?

Well got my GhoolRc S3650 motor and 60 amp esc combo today. Pleasently surprised with the quality of such a cheep combo. The truck has a lot more power now even on the stock 7 cell NiHm batteries. I didn't make it through a pack before I broke my shock again. I knew I should have bought 2 kits last time I was at the HS.

Over all I'm really pleases with how she handles.

I got the Gool installed last night. Broke a shock while testing it out... Stupid telephone pole just jumped in my path.
So far I am really impressed with this motor/esc combo. Very easy to set up... A lot more power, even on stock batteries.
20190109_223016.jpg
20190109_223137.jpg
20190109_222739.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back