Granite Granite MEGA 4x4 Brushless - faster PINION gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbody300

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion EXB
hi guys new to the forum (i have a talion 6s EXB, and my son has the Granite 4x4 MEGA (brushless upgrade). my question is there a faster PINION gear that can be used on the stock SPUR gear? i am on 2s lipo.

Sure, you can buy bigger pinion gears for it. I’d recommend against it though. It is pretty maxed out from the factory and will overheat easily with a bigger pinion.

Doesn't the pinion need to mesh with spur properly..I thought there are only a few spur teeth count u can use?

Doesn't the pinion need to mesh with spur properly..I thought there are only a few spur teeth count u can use?
Of course it does. And yes there’s usually a range of sizes that’ll work with any given motor mount. You should have room though - this won’t be a problem.

You just need an 1/8” bore, 48p pinion slightly larger than what you have now.

I’ll repeat my statement again though - this is not a good idea.

When you updated to brushless did you keep the stock mega spur or upgrade that and the motor mount as well? What pinion (teeth and bore size) do you have now?

Well crap I totally missed that part 🤦‍♂️. I thought we were taking stock electronics. You can ignore my comments about overheating.
Yeah I do that as well. Read to fast sometimes lol

When you updated to brushless did you keep the stock mega spur or upgrade that and the motor mount as well? What pinion (teeth and bore size) do you have now?
I kept stock pinion and spur. Just swapped motored and esc

“faster pinion gear” can mean a couple things. Larger would yield higher top speed but slower acceleration to get there. Smaller pinion would have the opposite effect. So speed can mean acceleration or top speed. You’ll need to decide which you are aiming for.

On a 2S brushless setup, I am loving the 3660 3800kv motor with 22t pinion on the stock 91T spur of my Typhon. Your pinion size will differ depending on your wheel size. I would aim for 28-32mph.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

“faster pinion gear” can mean a couple things. Larger would yield higher top speed but slower acceleration to get there. Smaller pinion would have the opposite effect. So speed can mean acceleration or top speed. You’ll need to decide which you are aiming for.

On a 2S brushless setup, I am loving the 3660 3800kv motor with 22t pinion on the stock 91T spur of my Typhon. Your pinion size will differ depending on your wheel size. I would aim for 28-32mph.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/
Thanks

hi guys new to the forum (i have a talion 6s EXB, and my son has the Granite 4x4 MEGA (brushless upgrade). my question is there a faster PINION gear that can be used on the stock SPUR gear? i am on 2s lipo.
Great combination. I have a Mega granite conversion to brushless for my son and a Talion for myself. I use a 13t currently on the Granite. On the Mega granite stock pinion is 14t and for the brushless granite it's 15t. I tried 17t but it was to hot for the motor in the summer time maybe different now that the temperature is changing. I do run two yeah racing 30mm fans on motor to help keep the temps down. If you do up the pinion I would recommend getting some decent fan(s)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back