granite Mega 4X4 slipper upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogPound

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
I wanted to swap my Granite Mega 4X4 slipper assembly to the 3S brushless set up. I ordered a slipper assembly and a Granite 3S motor mount from what I believe is a Granite. Part Numbers AR102666 & AR102666 . I put it together and tried to slide it into place but it won't fully slide in. I cant get the top latch (since broken, Oops) to grab. What am I missing or are there small differences in the motor mounts/slippers that aren't interchangeable. Picks to follow if I can.

Those part numbers you listed is the generic part number for the Granite BLX truck as a whole unit (Jenny's RC website does this, I know it's confusing). The part numbers of the BLX slipper is ARA310949 and the aluminum motor mount is AR310874.

If it won't snap in place try rotating the wheels to rotate the output shaft spline little by little, back and forth if you have to and see if it will fully seat that way. You also might want to check your driveshaft to make sure you got nothing in it that's preventing it from seating on the spline the entire way.

Did you swap the pinion? The 3s blx has 32p (0.8mod) pitch spur/pinion and the megas have the smaller 48p gears so you will also need to swap out the pinion to 32p as well or else you're going to strip gears.

I’m wondering if the Mega input gears work with the BLX slipper?

I think the actual input gear slipper splines are the same but I could be wrong. When I did this swap I swapped everything to BLX parts including input shafts and diffs.

Last edited:
Mega inputs will work with the BLX slipper assy I have done it.

@DogPound Post pics so we can see what you are working with and maybe get a better understanding of what you have got going on.

These are pics of the current situation. I even tried forcing the red battery strap piece in to see if it was just hung up, but then it wasn't turning freely. In the first picture, should the screw be that far into the spline?
IMG_1679.jpeg
IMG_1676.jpeg
IMG_1678.jpeg

IMG_1677.jpeg

Like Salt N Peppa said

P... P... PUSH IT GOOD!

It will snap in place. Squeeze the rear of the chassis and the back of the motor can as hard as you can.

Like Salt N Peppa said

P... P... PUSH IT GOOD!

It will snap in place. Squeeze the rear of the chassis and the back of the motor can as hard as you can.

I did manage to get it to fit, But then it felt like it was binding. No longer smooth. Something is out of place, I just don't know what. I was hoping someone would have encountered it and have the answer. I have but the drive shaft in and run it. Nothing came unglued. lol. I have 3 Granites between me and my twins. I "donated" my slipper to one of my sons when his became tweaked. Now I need mine up and running so we can bash again.

I did manage to get it to fit, But then it felt like it was binding. No longer smooth. Something is out of place, I just don't know what. I was hoping someone would have encountered it and have the answer. I have but the drive shaft in and run it. Nothing came unglued. lol. I have 3 Granites between me and my twins. I "donated" my slipper to one of my sons when his became tweaked. Now I need mine up and running so we can bash again.
Hope you figure it out. My best guess is there is a small stone somewhere or a burr on something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back