Granite Granite mega 4x4 spur gear options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doveshaq77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Is the 91T spur gear the only option for the mega? If not what all do I need to change? I do not have the blx model or a brushless motor. I am using a 2s lipo with 17T pinion on my motor and I'm eating spur gears as soon as punch the throttle. Gear might last 2 batteries before its completely shredded. This is on gravel road no jumps just flat out running it. Bout to purchase a steel spur but want to explore other options also.

yes. or u can go with the hr meatal one .that's what I did I run 3500kv on 2s works great with 17 tooth pinon

Is the 91T spur gear the only option for the mega? If not what all do I need to change? I do not have the blx model or a brushless motor. I am using a 2s lipo with 17T pinion on my motor and I'm eating spur gears as soon as punch the throttle. Gear might last 2 batteries before its completely shredded. This is on gravel road no jumps just flat out running it. Bout to purchase a steel spur but want to explore other options also.

Does the slipper slip at all? Sounds like it's pretty locked up if you can cook a spur that quick.. I've been trying to teach my daughter the ins and outs of jumping and throttle control... I adjusted the slipper so it only slips for a fraction of a second if she goes full reverse to full forward..(yes she does that sometimes lol) it has already paid off for me, there has been many full throttle landings for her, and not one spur failure yet...

Knowing me I probably over tightened it? I have a steel gear on the way. Should be here by friday. Instead of tearing up the last plastic one i have, I instead decided to tear it down and do a thorough cleaning and greasing

Knowing me I probably over tightened it? I have a steel gear on the way. Should be here by friday. Instead of tearing up the last plastic one i have, I instead decided to tear it down and do a thorough cleaning and greasing

Let me know how the steel spur works out for you... but for sure check your slipper buddy, cause now you have a steel gear, that failure will likely try to move elsewhere, possibly to the diffs? Yikes..

I'm thinking I should have probably ordered the HD input gear. Stock still looks good but who knows lol. Pinions look good. Cleaned and greased this morning.

Ya, well worst case scenario is they are only like 9 bucks.. so that's a plus.. I think if the slipper slips just a tiny bit it will be fine.. but only time will tell.. at least it's cheap if it happens brother.. (y)

make sure to run the extra hard pinon to

yes. or u can go with the hr meatal one .that's what I did I run 3500kv on 2s works great with 17 tooth pinon

This thread is just what I needed today! As always, Arrma forum comes through for the win.

Just curious- did you ever run this with nimh batteries? If so, did you have this same problem

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back